[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - TL 2008 problem with Delorme LT-20

TL 2008 problem with Delorme LT-20

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

TL 2008 problem with Delorme LT-20

Postby Don Bryer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:43 am

I want to wait before I get the 2010 version, but in the meantime the 2008 version that I am using is driving me bonkers.

I am using it with the Delorme Lt-20 GPS puck and most of the time appears to work fine and track nicely. Then, sometimes, I start the program, but it says it can't find any GPS receiver. But, the puck is connected, and the Delorme USB-2-Serial software tells me I have 4 satellites with a good fix. Once the program gets in that mode, there is nothing I can do to get it going. Sometimes, if I reboot my system. it starts working again, all of a sudden. Other times, even a reboot doesn't work.

Has anyone seen similar behaviour?

Don
Don Bryer
Active User
Active User

Re: TL 2008 problem with Delorme LT-20

Postby MichaelG » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:22 am

Don Bryer wrote:I start the program, but it says it can't find any GPS receiver. But, the puck is connected, and the Delorme USB-2-Serial software tells me I have 4 satellites with a good fix. Once the program gets in that mode, there is nothing I can do to get it going. Sometimes, if I reboot my system. it starts working again, all of a sudden. Other times, even a reboot doesn't work. Don

Using a different Delorme device, but I think I remember reading somewhere that if the system goes to hibernate the driver stops working and you have to restart it. Is that may be what's happening?

I can't put my finger on the exact reference, but you may want to take a look at Delorme's web site. They have lots of information there.
MichaelG
Active User
Active User

Postby MichaelG » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:54 pm

Don Bryer wrote:I am using it with the Delorme Lt-20 GPS puck and most of the time appears to work fine and track nicely. Then, sometimes, I start the program, but it says it can't find any GPS receiver. But, the puck is connected, and the Delorme USB-2-Serial software tells me I have 4 satellites with a good fix. Once the program gets in that mode, there is nothing I can do to get it going. Sometimes, if I reboot my system. it starts working again, all of a sudden. Other times, even a reboot doesn't work.

Don, I found the link I mentioned in my earlier message, about the Hibernation issue. Here it is, there is a reference about it near the top of the page: http://www.delorme.com/support/supportt ... spx?id=319
MichaelG
Active User
Active User

Postby Don Bryer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:07 am

Yeah, I know a couple of weeks ago I said I'd wait to get the new 2010 version, but broke down and ordered it last week, and just got it yesterday. So, I'm playing with it today, but still have the same issues with my LT-20 not working as expected. I thought their tutorials might be helpful (working with a GPS and all) but now have problems with trying to read them. I click on the tutorial, I get the hourglass for a few seconds and then nothing.

Does anyone know how I can get the program to open the tutorials?
Don Bryer
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)