[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Just got my 2010, First Impressions...

Just got my 2010, First Impressions...

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Just got my 2010, First Impressions...

Postby MichaelG » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:18 am

I got my 2010 copy yesterday, and stayed up playing with it, so I figured I'd post my first impressions...

- Finally, they did something with the installation issues :) In 2008, it took 3 sets of disks from them to get the program installed. This one was a breeze, though it took over 10 minutes to install. No errors, or anything (BTW I am installing on Windows 7).

- As soon as I started the program I was told there was an update. I like the new feature that checks automatically, but an update? Already? I *just* got the program!

- I zoomed in my area and little green squares jumped out everywhere. It took me a few minutes to figure out what they were (they call them Exit POIs). Finally! Now this is info useful in trip planning. Then I tried to use some of these points as stops, but it was a hit-or-miss. If I held the Shift key and clicked, I might or might not get the right point added to my trip. It took me a little longer to figure out how to get them listed on the right hand side of the screen. Good data, but I don't know about the interface :-( Then, I wanted to search for a Hampton Inn, in Atlanta - where I usually stay. I still haven't figured out how to search for one of these new points.

- Saw the User Profile option, but after about 15 frustrating minutes of trying to figure out how they work, I gave up. If anyone has figured them out and can post some pointers, it would be great.

- Other that these obvious things, I did not see any major differences between my 2008 version and this one. Did I miss things?
MichaelG
Active User
Active User

Re: Just got my 2010, First Impressions...

Postby DK13 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 pm

Michael, as far as searching for the POI's (great addition), you do it from the box on the far right that usually contains the Campground Info. There is a button there that says "find POI's", then i believe you can search for all of the POI's within a radius of your choosing. It takes some getting used to but i thought it was a good addition.
DK13
Active User
Active User

Re: Just got my 2010, First Impressions...

Postby MichaelG » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:50 pm

DK13 wrote:Michael, as far as searching for the POI's (great addition), you do it from the box on the far right that usually contains the Campground Info. There is a button there that says "find POI's", then i believe you can search for all of the POI's within a radius of your choosing. It takes some getting used to but i thought it was a good addition.

Thanks, DK13, but I saw the Find POIs and clicked it. However, if there is search facility in that area for the life of me I can't see where. Where do you type in the place to look for, like "Hampton Inn", which is what I am interested in?

I also tried to look for on-line support, clicked the option and ended up on page about the 2009 version. What am I doing wrong?
MichaelG
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)