[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Editing User POIs

Editing User POIs

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Editing User POIs

Postby Alexguv » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Love the new ability of the program to add user POIs by simply clicking, but I wish Trailer Life had also added a way to edit existing POI information and I wish they were a bit more flexible. The problem(s) I am having are. If I am missing something and these are problems related to my ignorance of the software, please someone let me know :-)

(1) If my User POI visibility is set to 20 miles and my map is at 100 mi scale, I can't see the user POIs (as expected). However, I am *allowed* to select the option to add a User POI, click on the map, type its description and add it. Only when I click on the OK button to add it, the dialog goes away and I have no way of knowing what happened. Was the point successfully added? Was there an error? The point doesn't become visible on the map (because of the scale) and I am left scratching my head trying to figure out what happened.

I think that some sort of indication that the process succeeded would be nice. The easiest way might be for the program NOT to let me create the POI unless I am below my user POI visibility scale and pop-up a message telling me I need to zoom in, like the program does for other points.

(2) Once I create a point and zoom in to see it, there is no way for me to edit the information. Why can't it be similar to the User Parks, where I can edit the information at a later time?

(3) Once I create a user POI, I haven't found a way to delete it (unless I edit the actual POI file with MS-Word. Shouldn't there be a way to delete a point?

(4) The area provided for the description is way too short. I have some POIs where I'd like to write 3-4 paragraphs about them. Why the restriction?

Like I said, if someone has answers to these, and these capabilities are already in the program, please point me to them.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan
Alexguv
Active User
Active User

Re: Editing User POIs

Postby RWinlow » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:32 am

I don't think these features are in the program, but they are definitely good suggestions to send to undertow.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Editing User POIs

Postby artmart » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:19 pm

I agree with RWinlow... send this via an email to support@undertowsoftware.com and hopefully they'll help you with them but providing answers or scheduling fixes. Please understand some of these might be complex to fix, so be reasonable and patient. Many of us have had success with them by doing this.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)