[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Searching Problems

Searching Problems

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Searching Problems

Postby billrot » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am

I have a hard time searching for places I can actually see on the map!

I am looking at St. Armand (in Quebec, a bit North of Vermont). I search for it, and tried typing "St Armand", "Saint Armand", "St. Armand, QC" and all I keep getting for a result is "St. Anthony, WI". Do I have a bad copy of the program?
billrot
Active User
Active User

Re: Searching Problems

Postby artmart » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:20 am

I promise we have the same bad copy of the program.

This has happened to me with other places... There are two known causes of this kind of problem that I know of:

1. The way you think it's spelled may not be the way the program expects it to be spelled and it will try to "resolve" your request with some other seemingly arbitrary result.

2. There is a program bug or a database bug (they probably get this from a vendor) and this is why you can't find the location.

I hate when these happened but these have occurred. There are two things you can try, neither which are fun:

a. try and outguess the program and change the search text or the search methods until you get lucky and find it....

b. Go to the near the location itself and see it you can get lucky enough to spot the location so you can try and understand why the program can't find it using.

I have done either of these with success, but I will end up contacting their tech support since many times the database or program is at fault. When you are ready to contact tech support, send an email to support@undertowsoftware.com. This has also worked for me too.

I will try to find what you are looking for and report back - just did and got the same things... I'm not sure the search window for (city,state) does canadian locations very well.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Kevin_T » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:59 am

Yeah, this doesn't sound like a data problem. I could be wrong, but it looks like a bug in the code has unearthed its ugly head :-)

I would suggest reporting it to undertow, as well.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Problem confirmed.... I could not find any method of search that worked to find this location. This is best left to UnderTow to find the problem. Many times when they correct this they'll correct a bunch of other possibilities.

I've attached a "snippet" that shows the location does exist and there is such a place (some places referred to as De Saint Armand), but no way to get to it using the search feature - bummer.

Saint Armand.JPG
Note Saint Armand is below and to the left of the selected campground. The place does exist but requires some luck to find it.
Saint Armand.JPG (124.13 KiB) Viewed 2692 times
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)