[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - RTN2012 - Best Tool for the Job

RTN2012 - Best Tool for the Job

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

RTN2012 - Best Tool for the Job

Postby MikeRost » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:24 am

I have been visiting this board for a while and have read many negative comments about this program. I guess it's natural, since when users have problems they visit the board to try and get answers and whine :-) However, I wanted to say that although not perfect, with all its minor annoyances and shortcomings, this program has been a valuable tool for me and my wife over the past few years (we get the new version every year). I can't tell you how many hours it has saved me, when looking up for certain campgrounds and being able to get a list of campgrounds within a certain distance from my day's destination and then deciding where to stay for the night. It used to take me hours to do that with the old, thick book and pen and paper. I had to make lists, note the distance, note the campground features, so I could compare them with others in the area,... I'm glad I no longer have to do that :-)

There are other programs, as well, e.g., Microsoft's Streets and Trips (and many times google maps) that I use and like some of the features *they* have, but there is no perfect tool for *all jobs*, and none of those other tools come close to what my new RTN2012 can do in terms of planing my RV trips and looking up RV campground information.

I just needed to say that, until next time I have a problem and log on to this board to complain :-)
MikeRost
Active User
Active User

Re: RTN2012 - Best Tool for the Job

Postby RWinlow » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:26 pm

I'll second that. May be not the best program out there, but I agree with you, best tool for the job.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Travel4Life » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:39 am

I reluctantly might agree, but I still miss the speed and ease-of use of Microsoft's Streets and Trips. I have to say, the longer I use this and learn its ways, the easier it gets.
Travel4Life
Active User
Active User

Postby Kevin_T » Fri May 11, 2012 11:26 pm

MS S&T is definitely a great program, but RTN2012 is the best tool for planning RV trips that involve RV Parks.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Sat May 12, 2012 2:00 am

It's been a long time since I used MS S&T, and the reason I use TLDCN/RTN is because the companies behind this software have fixed issues that affected me. MS ignored my issues from me for years and so I'll give them the same attention they've given me - which is, no attention.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby bullaco » Mon May 14, 2012 8:39 am

artmart wrote:It's been a long time since I used MS S&T, and the reason I use TLDCN/RTN is because the companies behind this software have fixed issues that affected me. MS ignored my issues from me for years and so I'll give them the same attention they've given me - which is, no attention.

I agree with you, Art. Undertow has been more responsive at fixing issues and adding new features than most software companies I've dealt with and that's a very important consideration to me, as well. And the navigator is a goo trip planning product, too.
bullaco
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)