[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Apple's MacBook Pro won't accept DeLome GPS?

Apple's MacBook Pro won't accept DeLome GPS?

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Apple's MacBook Pro won't accept DeLome GPS?

Postby Bill Fleming » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:01 pm

I
Hello everyone:

I've been using TLDCN programs through several iterations, and therefore feel comfortable in navigating through any problems I encounter. However, this time I'm stumped. changed to MacBook Pro, used PARALLELS Software to installed Windows 7. Everything okay until I got to installing the DeLome GPS. DeLome software installation was straight forward, but the TLDCN program doesn't accept it. I get a message that "the Delome Serial Emulator VSP isn't licensed under the current OS version." Ok, I did borrowed a copy of Windows 7 that wasn't a copy, but had been previously installed. Is this the cause of my problem? If not - got any ideas?

Bill
Bill Fleming
New User
New User

Re: Apple's MacBook Pro won't accept DeLome GPS?

Postby RWinlow » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Well, I think that the answer is here,

http://support.delorme.com/questions.php?questionid=24

In particular the portion that says:

DeLorme Serial Emulation Driver for Earthmate GPS Receivers
This update installs the DeLorme Serial Emulation Driver so that the USB Earthmate GPS, Earthmate GPS LT series, Earthmate GPS PN series, and Earthmate GPS BT-20 can be recognized in NMEA 0183 compliant mapping applications.
Note: This driver is not for use with the 64bit version of Windows or any version of Windows 7. This driver is also not supported when coming out of sleep or hibernation mode.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Postby xavier » Tue May 01, 2012 9:22 am

Yeah, that's a know problem of Delorme and Win7, see here...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=423&p=2295&hilit=delorme#p2295
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Bill Fleming » Tue May 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Here is the answer to my GPS with Window 7 issue. The latest Window 7 product is 64 bit. The DeLorme GPS Receiver will only work with 32 bit programs. I talked to USGlobal/Sat.com and they have drivers that will work with their GPS Receivers and 64 bit Windows 7. I just purchased their BU-353 antenna from Amazon for $28.00 no tax or shipping.

Thought someone might one day have the same problem, so its here if they need it.

Bill
Bill Fleming
New User
New User

Postby JonCamp » Tue May 01, 2012 3:29 pm

Bill, you are right. The Delorme Drivers will work with the 32-bit Windows XP and 32-bit Vista, but willnot work with any 64-bit Windows and will NOT work with the 32-bit Windows 7 version. It's a shame, because I like their receivers.
Bill Fleming wrote:I talked to USGlobal/Sat.com and they have drivers that will work with their GPS Receivers and 64 bit Windows 7. I just purchased their BU-353 antenna from Amazon for $28.00 no tax or shipping.

This is good to know, since I may be in the market for one, soon. Can you please post here and let us know how it works out for you? Is it compatible with TLD-2011?
JonCamp
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)