[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Questions from a Potential User.

Questions from a Potential User.

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Questions from a Potential User.

Postby bluwtr49 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:58 pm

I've been using Microsoft Street and Trips for a couple of years and it's OK but not great. Recently I heard about this program but the web site is very short on detail and there does not seem to be a trial version available.

So......I'm very interested in any observations about how the two programs compare.

Our typical trip is ~4 months, covering ~4,000 miles and, perhaps 20 stops.

One feature I would really like to see is the program populating a calender with the stops, duration, etc.

I don't use any program in "real time" just as a planning tool before heading off to my next stop so communication with my GPS is unnecessary. I just enter the next stop each morning.

Any comments would be much appreciated.
bluwtr49
New User
New User

Re: Questions from a Potential User.

Postby HarryR » Thu May 10, 2012 12:33 pm

bluwtr49 wrote:I've been using Microsoft Street and Trips for a couple of years and it's OK but not great. Recently I heard about this program but the web site is very short on detail and there does not seem to be a trial version available.

So......I'm very interested in any observations about how the two programs compare.

Our typical trip is ~4 months, covering ~4,000 miles and, perhaps 20 stops.

I don't know how they compare (someone may have done such a comparison), but a 4 month 20 stop trip is definitely handled by the program. I've planned trips with 100+ stops. Unfortunately, only planned them, never got to drive them, but... :-(

bluwtr49 wrote:One feature I would really like to see is the program populating a calender with the stops, duration, etc.

Haven't seen anything like that, but it sounds like it would be a very good addition to the program.

What I like the most is the ability to find any campground I want, in seconds, without using the big thick book.
HarryR
Active User
Active User

Re: Questions from a Potential User.

Postby paulct » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:38 am

bluwtr49 wrote:I've been using Microsoft Street and Trips for a couple of years and it's OK but not great. Recently I heard about this program but the web site is very short on detail and there does not seem to be a trial version available.

The don't compare. For RV-Travel, the Navigator is the program to use! Streets and Trips is a nice program for general mapping.
Paul C.T.
paulct
Frequent User
Frequent User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)