[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Access violation when getting directions

Access violation when getting directions

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Access violation when getting directions

Postby salmore » Fri May 11, 2012 10:01 am

I installed the RTN2012 upgrade and don't see much difference from the '11 version, but when I try to calculate my trip I get an access violation error in module MP2012.OCX

Never had this type of error before. Does anyone have any idea what it might be and how I can work around it? I thought it might have to do with not finding the disk, but the disk is in the drive, so I don't know why it can't access whatever it is trying to access.
salmore
Active User
Active User

Re: Access violation when getting directions

Postby artmart » Sat May 12, 2012 1:51 am

I think this is an installation security issue having to do with using or installing with a non-admin account. Is this what you did? Try a search in this forum for access violations and hopefully something about what causes this will come up. I can't remember the details.

Where's Kevin? I think he knows something about this.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Kevin_T » Sat May 12, 2012 8:30 am

artmart wrote:I think this is an installation security issue having to do with using or installing with a non-admin account. Is this what you did? Try a search in this forum for access violations and hopefully something about what causes this will come up. I can't remember the details.

Where's Kevin? I think he knows something about this.

Kevin is here :-) But, there is not enough information to compute. I would guess that some sort of permissions issue is at play here. But, it could also be inaccessibility of the data, for some reason, like bad data paths, etc.

Salmore, what OS are you using? Also, do you see all the roads, etc. when you zoom in, or just the campground points?
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby salmore » Sun May 13, 2012 3:50 pm

I saw a different thread that was mentioning something about resetting the data paths. I did that and the problem appears to be solved. My trips now can get directions without any problem.
salmore
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)