[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - User POI's for Trip Stop Over's

User POI's for Trip Stop Over's

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

User POI's for Trip Stop Over's

Postby brbmapper » Sun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Am I doing something wrong? I can create a User POI and it displays on the map just fine. But it doesn't allow me to select it so I can add it as a Stop Over with the Add to Trip button.

Please help.
brbmapper
New User
New User

Re: User POI's for Trip Stop Over's

Postby RWinlow » Sun May 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Hmm... Probably because the POIs you create that way are transient, that's why you are asked if you want to save them when you exit the program. If you save the POIs you create to a file and then restart the program and Import and add "that" file through the User POI menu option, you should be able to search for them (trough the User POI search) and then add them to your trip.

You should also be able to Shift - click on the point and add it to the trip that way, as well (though I haven't tried that).

I have been able to use both these methods with pretty much any user POI file I import (I use a lot of the files I have downloaded from this web site).
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Postby HaroldLin » Sun May 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Thank you RWinlow. I have been getting myself frustrated trying to figure out why I couldn't add the points I created to my trips. I tried your trick and sure enough, it works!! Thanks, again.

I created a file called myNewPOIs. I imported it through the menu and now it gets automatically loaded every time I start the program. Then, when I add new points, I'm asked to save the file. I save it to the same myNewPOIs file and that's it - automatically loaded again, next time I start the program, without having to re-import it.
HaroldLin
Active User
Active User

Postby Kevin_T » Wed May 16, 2012 9:55 am

RWinlow, I think you hit it on the head and solved many user's problems (including mine).

I have been trying to figure out, why they would have a way for you to add POIs but no way for you to use them, in any way!

Now, I see that I was missing the step of importing the file.

Thanks a bunch :-)
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby xavier » Wed May 16, 2012 9:59 am

I hadn't spent too much time on my own POIs, but this is definitely good to know.

Thanks, RWinlow.
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby jutravel » Sat May 19, 2012 8:16 am

Indeed, this is a good thing to know. I would have never known that I could do that from the skimpy documentation that came with the program. What happened to full size user's manuals, like programs used to have years ago? Nowadays, any program you guy is just the disk and that's it :-( I want to go back to the old days.
jutravel
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)