[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Larger Font, how?

Larger Font, how?

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Larger Font, how?

Postby jacklan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:40 am

How do I make the font for the cities, the streets, etc. larger? My tired old eyes have a hard time making out the names on the map. Is there an option somewhere?
jacklan
Active User
Active User

Re: Larger Font, how?

Postby vigibill » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:53 pm

I asked "Undertow Support" the same question; this was their reply:

There is no font size control in the program. However, the screen font is greatly influenced by the system resolution.

Support

I am using a hand held magnifying glass and still can't find the towns and cities in a reasonable time frame. My screen resolution is 1920 X 1200 on a 15" laptop screen which really squeezes fonts down a lot. Any other resolution setting just makes the usable portion of the screen smaller.

Good luck with yours,

Bill
vigibill
New User
New User

Postby jacklan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:58 am

That's bad. The screen resolution should have nothing to do with that :-(
jacklan
Active User
Active User

Postby Alexguv » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:48 am

jacklan wrote:That's bad. The screen resolution should have nothing to do with that

But, it does, take a look at the "simplistic" depiction below.

characters.jpg
characters.jpg (59.16 KiB) Viewed 4799 times
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan
Alexguv
Active User
Active User

Postby Kevin_T » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:53 am

Nice explanation, Jacklan. A bit simplistic, but I think it demonstrates the basic principle.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Take no offense Jacklan, but it was Alexguv that has the nice explanation. Thanks for that.

It was an easy enough mistake to make, Kevin_T.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Alexguv » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:33 pm

[quote="artmart"]Take no offense Jacklan, but it was Alexguv that has the nice explanation. Thanks for that./quote]
That's O.K., I don't mind if it's attributed to someone else :)
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan
Alexguv
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)