[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Navigator 2013 ?? - YES

Navigator 2013 ?? - YES

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Navigator 2013 ?? - YES

Postby FrankieV » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:35 am

In prior years, I used to get notices from GoodSam regarding their new release of the program and was even given the opportunity to pre-purchase it. This year I haven't heard anything, yet! Has anyone else heard from them about Navigator 2013? What's going to be new in it, etc? When is it going to be released?
FrankieV
Active User
Active User

Re: Navigator 2013 ??

Postby artmart » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:27 am

Are you talking about Trailer Life's Directory Campground Navigator? If so, it is now called RV RoadTrip Navigator.

If you are really referring to something called Navigator 20xx and it's an offering from Good Sam, then you are in the wrong forum. This forum is for Trailer Life's RV-centric navigation software which is written by UnderTow Software who moderates this website and may be something different.

Hopefully someone else has done a web search for what you mean. I'm being lazy about matching the product and company you are referring to therefore the names you mention don't match this forum's.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby FrankieV » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:31 am

Yeah, we are talking about the same thing. The RV Roadtrip Navigator 2012, as it is called now. I just haven't seen anything about the 2013 version and was wondering.
FrankieV
Active User
Active User

Postby mhwarner » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:49 am

Since it's only September 3, it seems a bit early for announcing a 2013 product.
mhwarner
New User
New User

Postby FrankieV » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:45 am

Are you kidding? I used to get the flyers announcing and selling it, in July every year. Whatever, they may have changed their approach, who knows.
FrankieV
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:31 am

Frankie, the last release was hard for many to find just to buy it. I wonder if Trailer Life isn't pushing this product as much any more and as such any future plans are de-emphasized. Mind you, I'm not saying they might toss it aside completely, I just think less effort is being done to Market this.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby jutravel » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:20 am

Art, I have heard that Trailer Life will no longer produce/sponsor this program. But, I have also heard that Undertow will produce their own RV navigator program. Not sure if it will be part of their Precision Mapping or a brand new, different product, because nobody is saying too much about it, yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
jutravel
Active User
Active User

Postby FrankieV » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:33 pm

If that's the case, why doesn't Undertow step up and announce what it is they are doing? Us users would certainly like to know!
FrankieV
Active User
Active User

Re: Navigator 2013 ?? - Probably YES :-)

Postby celabinc » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Well, I can't say that I blame undertow for not saying anything. Most software companies, nowadays, will not "pre-announce" products, because if they do and they miss their release date, they are then chastised by most of (us) today's "I want instant gratification" users :-) If I were in the same spot, I wouldn't announce anything until the day before I was ready to release it.

However, and although I don;t know how often undertow visits these forums, the fact that they have not come out and say "No 2013 version", to me it means that there is probably going to be one. Just my gut feeling, that's all :-)
celabinc
Active User
Active User

Re: Navigator 2013 ?? - YES

Postby mrhagen » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:03 am

I called the undertow tech support last Monday and talked to someone - hopefully I wasn't calling India :-) Though the person on the phone was stingy on specific details or a release date, I was told that they are working on a new version of the program.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Navigator 2013 ?? - YES

Postby Kalteron » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:40 am

Thanks, mrhagen. If that's the case, undertow should have probably posted a message here, letting us know and the moderator should have changes the thread's title. The way it is now, I read the title, opened the thread and at first I thought that indeed there wasn't going to be a 2013 version. Then, I had to read all the messages till I got to the end to see that undertow said they are working on a new version!

I'm sure many visitors give up after the first few messages, I almost did :-(

Anyway, I'm glad they are working on the next version, because it's a valuable tool for me!
-
Kal Teronti - Wherever the Road Takes us
Kalteron
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)