[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Discuss Campgrounds?

Discuss Campgrounds?

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Discuss Campgrounds?

Postby Kumaria » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:04 pm

I know there are lots of web sites with discussions about campgrounds, recommendations, etc. Wouldn't it make sense to have a corner to do that in these forums, as well? If others think it might be a good idea, we may want to ask the moderator/admin to set up a section for that.

What do you think?
Kumaria
Active User
Active User

Re: Discuss Campgrounds?

Postby IanRoth » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 pm

I am not sure yet one more area for discussing campgrounds is needed. There are plenty of them out there!
IanRoth
Active User
Active User

Postby jacklan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:52 am

I don't see what the problem is with discussing specific campgrounds and making recommendations here. So what if there are many other places that discuss the same things? That's like saying a new restaurant should not open because there are so many other restaurants already in existence. I wouldn't mind discussing campgrounds here, in the same place where we discuss the Navigator! Moderator I vote YES.
jacklan
Active User
Active User

Postby JohnGr » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:45 pm

I'd vote for creating an area to discuss Campgrounds, as well. I don't see anything wrong with it.
JohnGr
Active User
Active User

Postby IanRoth » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:48 pm

I still don't see the big need for YACF, but I'm sure I'll follow it if one is created. I was just questioning the need, that's all ;-)
IanRoth
Active User
Active User

Postby CorineR » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:14 am

You can add me to the group that would like to see a section to discuss campgrounds.
CorineR
Active User
Active User

Postby rmaynard » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:50 pm

For those people who are on the road a lot, this discussion of campgrounds would be very usefull. Roger : :mrgreen:
rmaynard
New User
New User

Postby IanRoth » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:13 pm

Well, rmaynard, like I said - if it was there, I would follow it :-) Someone should probably email the moderator directly, if they haven't already done so, and ask them if they could/would create such a section.
IanRoth
Active User
Active User

Postby MikeRost » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:53 am

IanRoth wrote:Well, rmaynard, like I said - if it was there, I would follow it :-) Someone should probably email the moderator directly, if they haven't already done so, and ask them if they could/would create such a section.

I think if someone offered to take over and moderate such a section, it would be easier for them to say yes, since it would not involve much more work on their part! At least that has been my experience on other forums. Volunteering to moderate usually makes it easier to set it up.
MikeRost
Active User
Active User

Postby RWinlow » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:44 pm

I did contact the moderator directly and asked him. We'll see what he says.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Moderator » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:25 am

RWinlow wrote:I did contact the moderator directly and asked him. We'll see what he says.

Never got any messages from you :-) , but we are monitoring this thread (we try to monitor most of them) and saw the discussion.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to start a new section, where users can post comments and information about specific campgrounds, as long as it's cordially and the section doesn't become a battle zone. Also, it would be nice if one, or more, users would spearhead this effort and seed the section (once created) with some reviews and comments about specific campgrounds they are familiar with.

Any of you posting in this thread ready to do so?
Active User
Active User

Postby jimmyr » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:04 pm

I may be on the minority here, but even though I know there are many other on-line sources for this information, it sure would be nice to be able to get it here. This way, we might even be able to influence the undertow and trailer life people to include some of this data in their program.
jimmyr
Casual User
Casual User

Postby Stan_Finke » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:04 am

Count me in. Let's have a section to discuss campgrounds.
Stan_Finke
Active User
Active User

Postby celabinc » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Yeah, let's start discussing Campgrounds. I am a newbie, so I don't know how much I can contribute, but I sure would love to learn more about campgrounds, which one to avoid, which one is good, etc.
celabinc
Active User
Active User

Postby Moderator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:04 pm

We got a number of requests about creating a forum for users to discuss and recommend specific campgrounds, so we have just created such a forum. Hope it will prove to be helpful to users.
Active User
Active User

Postby Kumaria » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Excellent idea :-)
Kumaria
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)