[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Exit Now Data is Spotty

Exit Now Data is Spotty

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Exit Now Data is Spotty

Postby Dave.W » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:26 pm

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but for some reason, there are some areas of the country where I can't see exit now data. They are very useful, in the areas where they exist, and I'd like to be able to see them everywhere.

Is there some setting that controls which ones are visible?

Also, is there a way to turn "some" of the Exit Now categories off?
Dave.W
Active User
Active User

Re: Exit Now Data is Spotty

Postby paulct » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:26 pm

I think that the data is only around interstate exits, so if there are no interstate exits in the areas you are looking at, you won't see any points.
Paul C.T.
paulct
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Kumaria » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:35 pm

Dave, paulct is probably right on. Points are only near interstate exits, so maybe that's what you are observing.
Kumaria
Active User
Active User

Postby Camper22 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:58 am

With all the poi files already uploaded here by users, I', starting to think that the exit now stuff built into the program is not all that crucial. The pois provide a lot more useful information, though they are a bit of a pain to manage.
Camper22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby paulct » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 pm

The data in Exit Now is better suited to RV Travelers.
Paul C.T.
paulct
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Glenn.Tossi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 am

Camper22 wrote:With all the poi files already uploaded here by users, I', starting to think that the exit now stuff built into the program is not all that crucial. The pois provide a lot more useful information, though they are a bit of a pain to manage.

Camper22, yeah, the user POI files are pretty good, but they are too slow to load (if you are using more than a couple of them) and they are not as accessible as the exit now ones, from the dialog that let's you set category priorities, set the radius of search, etc.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits - Albert Einstein
Glenn.Tossi
Casual User
Casual User

Postby Don Bryer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Does anyone know if the Exit Now data in the new navigator 2013 will be any better?
Don Bryer
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:15 pm

The Exit Now data is provided by Trailer Life. UnderTow includes this database in their software.

The Exit Now data is only as good as the information provided to UnderTow. It does not include every place at every exit because not all the locations provide information, know to provide information, or want to pay Trailer Life whatever it costs to be included in the Exit Now database. I am sure there is some sort of criteria and while you may find the big name restaurant, fuel, services and stores being listed some of the criteria may include some kind of partnership arrangement but I don't know.

In the case of all databases, they will never be 100% comprehensive because of criteria, close downs, new facilities or other things like that.

Keep in mind all tools of travel planning are only "guides" and not necessarily 100% correct. UnderTow products seem to be pretty good with what they provide, but I use several tools to get as close to 100% as possible, and I have still run into plenty of "What the ....?" moments in my travels.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Kevin_T » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:32 am

artmart wrote:Keep in mind all tools of travel planning are only "guides" and not necessarily 100% correct. UnderTow products seem to be pretty good with what they provide, but I use several tools to get as close to 100% as possible, and I have still run into plenty of "What the ....?" moments in my travels.

I wish more people out there had such common sense about many things in life, not just RV software.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)