[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Compatible with Windows 8 ?

Compatible with Windows 8 ?

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Compatible with Windows 8 ?

Postby Skataila » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Is the 2012 version (and earlier versions) compatible with Windows 8? I am getting a new laptop and it comes with Windows 8, so I want to make sure that the program will work.
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Skataila
Active User
Active User

Re: Compatible with Windows 8 ?

Postby paulct » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:45 pm

No problems running it here in Windows 8.
Paul C.T.
paulct
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby salmore » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:02 am

Same here. It's been working without problems, but I hate Windows 8 :-(
salmore
Active User
Active User

Postby mrhagen » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:01 pm

I can happily report that the program runs just fine in Windows 8. And, Salmore, like you I am not a big fan of Windows 8.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:31 pm

I don't like the look of Windows 8 either, but I hear there's supposed to be a way to make it look more like Windows 7. I am a keyboard and mouse user and I do not look forward to flinging my hands and fingers all over a screen. If I want to exercise I'll go to a gym.

Windows 8 should support all current programs from as far back as Windows XP. The biggest concern would be Hardware based. If you need special hardware then this MIGHT be a problem, but assume Windows 8, like Windows 7 and Vista should be able to support all Windows programs. That said, if anyone knows what won't work, then please note them. Assume software and USB stuff is backward compatible.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby salmore » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Art, if you find out how to set up Win8 to look and act like Win7, can you please post the details here? Win8 is driving me crazy.
salmore
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:04 am

It's only something I heard and don't want to go to Win 8 until I know for sure one can make it look like Win 7. I was hoping you could find out how to do that.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)