[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Navigator program 2012 and 2013 - Where is it?

Navigator program 2012 and 2013 - Where is it?

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Navigator program 2012 and 2013 - Where is it?

Postby Chris.Kirky » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:15 pm

My neighbor saw me using the 2012 navigator program and he loved it, too. He asked me if the 2013 version is out. I looked around and couldn't find any definitive answers, but because he really liked it, he decided to get the 2012 version, anyway.

He looked everywhere to purchase a copy but was not able to find it. Trailer Life or Good Sam, or whatever they are called nowadays told them that they had so many problems with the program that they had to discontinue it, the undertow site no longer has the link to order it, there is nothing on the camping world web site, nothing, nowhere!

Does anyone know what is going on? Is there a place where one can buy the 2012 version? Was the program discontinued because of the problems they were having? Will there be a 2013 version?
Chris.Kirky
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Navigator program 2012 and 2013 - Where is it?

Postby Moderator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:05 am

Chris.Kirky wrote:He looked everywhere to purchase a copy but was not able to find it. Trailer Life or Good Sam, or whatever they are called nowadays told them that they had so many problems with the program that they had to discontinue it, the undertow site no longer has the link to order it, there is nothing on the camping world web site, nothing, nowhere!

It sounds as if whoever your neighbor talked to, at Good Sam, didn't know what they were talking about. There have been no such problems with the 2012 or any earlier versions of the program. The agreement for Undertow to develop the product for Trailer Life ended on December 31st, 2012, and Undertow is no longer able to produce and/or sell the 2012 RV Roadtrip Navigator.

Unfortunately, the only thing we can suggest at this point, is that your neighbor take a look at one of the re-sellers on Amazon or e-bay, to see if they still have any inventory of RV Roadtrip Navigator 2012 they can sell to him.

Undertow is working on a new, 2013 RV Trip Planning software product to be released within the first quarter of 2013.

If you have any questions, you may email Undertow tech support directly at: support@undertowsoftware.com
Active User
Active User

Postby TMayers » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 am

Moderator wrote:It sounds as if whoever your neighbor talked to, at Good Sam, didn't know what they were talking about

So, you are saying that the people at Good Sam didn't know what they are talking about, when they were talking about a Good Sam product? That doesn't sound right. Where did you get your information? If they didn't know things about their own program, then who does?
Moderator wrote:Undertow is working on a new, 2013 RV Trip Planning software product to be released within the first quarter of 2013.

That's good to hear. Will it be an upgrade to the 2012 version? Any idea what the new features are?
TMayers
Casual User
Casual User

Postby xavier » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:37 am

TMayers wrote:
Moderator wrote:It sounds as if whoever your neighbor talked to, at Good Sam, didn't know what they were talking about

So, you are saying that the people at Good Sam didn't know what they are talking about, when they were talking about a Good Sam product? That doesn't sound right. Where did you get your information? If they didn't know things about their own program, then who does?
Moderator wrote:Undertow is working on a new, 2013 RV Trip Planning software product to be released within the first quarter of 2013.

That's good to hear. Will it be an upgrade to the 2012 version? Any idea what the new features are?

My understanding was that the only participation of the good sam's people was to provide the database with the camps and the RV parks and all the development was done by undertow. If that's the case, then it makes sense that they didn't know much about it. Well, some of them might, but definitely not the telephone operators, which I usually got when I called :-(

It would be great is anyone knows what the new features will be and post them here. From what I've seen posted in these forums, it looks like it probably will not be an upgrade, but a brand new product. I wish someone would post more details about it.
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby mrhagen » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:54 am

I've called the trailer life people a number of times and although they were very pleasant, I have to agree they didn't know much about the product. If, as explained, they didn't really have much to do with it and trailer's life name appeared on it, but it was really the product of undertow, then it all makes sense. I can't really blame them for not being as familiar with it.

I wonder if undertow ever provided any training to them. Actually, now that I think about it, it would have made sense for the trailer life people to be frequenting this forum. They would have learned a lot, just like I and other users here did. But, I don't think I ever saw anyone from that group participating here. Too bad, really :-(
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:13 pm

The telephone people at Trailer Life are paper and book types. My experience is that they know nothing about about software or computers. This is why if you look at the support screens in Undertow's software products they mention to ask them about the software or computer stuff and leave the database (that came from TL's books and papers) questions to TL.

Now you expect a third party like Good Sam to be experts on either TL or Undertow. Dream on, that gift never existed. Too many people) including me think they know too much and can't say "I don't know" when directly asked a question. Too bad this happens.

I am incredibly delighted to find Undertow is working on something new and the moderator's explanation gives me reason to come back to visit the Undertow forums more often. It's been a while since I've been here because I was resolved that whatever good use for RTN was gonna remain what it is. It's exciting (and maybe scary) that there will be something RV based coming out soon.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Kevin_T » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:11 am

artmart wrote:Now you expect a third party like Good Sam to be experts on either TL or Undertow. Dream on, that gift never existed.

You are absolutely right! That gift never existed.

I am also looking forward to seeing the new RV program from Undertow.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Ruby22 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:37 am

Kevin_T wrote:
artmart wrote:Now you expect a third party like Good Sam to be experts on either TL or Undertow. Dream on, that gift never existed.

You are absolutely right! That gift never existed.

I am also looking forward to seeing the new RV program from Undertow.

I too want to see the new program from undertow, but I don't know how different it could be from what they had before? I mean the navigator looked a lot like Precision Mapping, which makes sense, since they are both based on the same undertow technology. Sure, the navigator didn't have the more advanced features, of importing layers, etc., but not many of us RVers need those, anyway :-) So, I can't see how it would be different, since I'd venture to guess this new one will also be based on their technology, i.e., precision mapping.

Thinking about it some more, I am not sure I want it to be different. I am fairly comfortable with the program and the way it has worked over the years, so keeping it almost the same might be a good thing - no need to retrain this old brain :-)

Anyway, I guess we'll have to wait and see, when it's released.
Ruby22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)