[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Exact Date for 2013 version release?

Exact Date for 2013 version release?

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Exact Date for 2013 version release?

Postby JonCamp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:40 pm

Does anyone have the release date for the 2013 version of the program?
JonCamp
Active User
Active User

Re: Exact Date for 2013 version release?

Postby xavier » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:01 am

As far as I can tell from the posting here, it should be released by the end of the first quarter (and may be hopefully sooner than that).
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Fuzzybob » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi folks, I am new to this forum.
I have been using TLDCN for some time and have finally discovered this site. I do like the SW although there a some minor corks in it.
I was wondering myself regarding the release of the 2013 version. So I contacted TL and got the "not so good answer" below. :(

Subject: RE: Trailer Life Directory

Hello Robert,

Unfortunately, we stopped producing the RV Roadtrip Navigator as of the 2012 edition, due to a significant decrease over the last few years in sales. We too liked the product, but had to make a business decision.
We hope to revisit this again in the future, in the meantime there is the option, though different to the Navigator, to plan a trip online via http://www.goodsamclub.com, and you can also download the campground listings app (currently for iPhone and then mid 2013 Android and tablets), visit the Apple iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rv-park ... 60020?mt=8

Thank you again for your enquiry.

Regards,

Ellen
Fuzzybob
New User
New User

Postby xavier » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 am

I pretty much got the same answer when I called Trailer Life. Here is what I got when I contacted Undertow. As others have mentioned before, it appears they are going to release their own Trip Planning software, soon.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Undertow Support [mailto:support@undertowsoftware.com]
> Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:12 PM
> Cc: 'support@undertowsoftware.com'
> Subject: RE: RV Navigator Software
>
> Undertow is working on a brand new RV Trip Planning product for 2013
> and it should be available by the end of the 1st quarter of 2013. If you want us to notify
> you when it becomes available, simply send an e-mail message with the subject
> line "Notify-2013" to support@undertowsoftware.com
>
> Support
> --
> UnderTow Software Corp.
> * Please, quote original message in your replies *
> User Forums at: http://www.undertowsoftware.com/forums/
> See us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/UndertowSoftware/
>
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Nick_Manack » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks, FuzzyBob and Xavier. I never understood the relationship between the two companies. I thought that the Navigator product was developed and owned by Trailer Life and Undertow was the tech support company. Then I saw that it was developed by Undertow. So, what was Trailer Life's involvement in all this? Was it a joint development product?
Nick_Manack
New User
New User

Postby Camper22 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Undertow developed the product and trailer life was supplying the campground information. I don't think trailer life knew how the program worked, that's why undertow was even doing the technical support.
Camper22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Fuzzybob » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 pm

You are right Camper22. I just wonder who is supplying the information to Undertow from now on. I hope they can use the data originally supplied by TL and make improvements.
Fuzzybob
New User
New User

Postby Camper22 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:00 am

FuzzyBob, I don't know who is supplying the data to Undertow, but I doubt that Trailer Life is doing it. I mean, that's what they used to do with the Navigator and they announced they are not interested in doing it any more, because it didn't make business sense. If they were supplying the data it would be just like it was before, they would announce they are not involved with it, would they?

Anyway, the only one that can answer this definitely is Undertow. Hopefully they will.
Camper22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Skataila » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:19 am

Camper22, as I understand this whole thing, trailer life said they are discontinuing their navigator program, they didn't say they are getting out of the RV-Life market! so, it is possible that the new undertow product will still use the trailer life data.

btw, does anyone know exactly what happened with woodalls and trailer life? I know there is only one directory book now, but what happened with the two companies? just curious.
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Skataila
Active User
Active User

Postby Fuzzybob » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:17 pm

I have no clue. We will have to wait and see. :roll:
Fuzzybob
New User
New User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)