[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Compatibility of trip files

Compatibility of trip files

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Compatibility of trip files

Postby cdimaggio » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Are the tip files compatible with other (older) versions of the navigator? How about with other programs?

Is there a list of programs the trip files are compatible with?
cdimaggio
Active User
Active User

Re: Compatibility of trip files

Postby mrhagen » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:07 am

I think older files can be opened with the new version, but I am not 100% certain about the other way around. I also believe they use a proprietary format, so it's probably not compatible with any other programs.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby victra » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Yup, older trip files from 2005 and later can be opened, with varying degree of success. Trip files prior to 2005 cannot be opened, even though they are TRP files as well.
victra
Active User
Active User

Postby Kevin_T » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:04 am

I think that's because undertow didn't start making the navigator for Trailer life until 2005. Before that, it was Rand McNally and they were using their own trip file format. I actually liked the 2004 version. It didn't have all the detailed information and bells and whistles, but is was a really cool program.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)