[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Can I use my Magellan GPS?

Can I use my Magellan GPS?

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Can I use my Magellan GPS?

Postby Tony20 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:55 am

Can I use the navigator program wit my older Magellan GPS?
Tony20
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Can I use my Magellan GPS?

Postby Ruby22 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:56 am

The pinned message, at the top of this section, has a list of gps-es that work.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=337

As I remember from calling them years ago, about this issue, I was told that any gps that can send NEMA data to the computer, should work. So, if your Magellan can do that, you are in luck.
Ruby22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: Can I use my Magellan GPS?

Postby Kevin_T » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:01 am

You can quickly tell if that's a COM device, if you go to the Windows control Panel, System, Device Manager and then take a look at Ports COM and LPT.

That will not guarantee that the gps is sending NMEA sentences over to the computer, but it will at least tell you if it is connected through a COM port, which is the first step in the process.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)