[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Updated 2011 and Parks no longer visible

Updated 2011 and Parks no longer visible

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Updated 2011 and Parks no longer visible

Postby victra » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:56 am

A couple of weeks ago, I started by navigater 2011 and was notified of an update. I downloaded it and now I can no longer see any of the parks on the map. I went to an area where *I KNOW* there a whole bunch of them, but nothing appears on the map.

I tried to see if there is a way to undo the download/update, but there isn't and I am stuck.

Can someone help?
victra
Active User
Active User

Re: Updated 2011 and Parks no longer visible

Postby Phil.Gusta » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:05 pm

It's hard to know exactly what happened and there can bee all sorts of factors causing it that may depend on the OS, what drive the program is installed, etc.

There are a number of threads on this board about people not being able to search for places, plan trips, etc. - especially after an update, and most of the time this appears to be a problem with the data paths.

Try this,

- Start the program,
- Select "File", from the top menu, and then select "Program Options"
- From the dialog, select the "Map Data Folders", at the top
- Click the "Reset Data Paths" button and then click "OK" to close the dialog

That may take care of the problem.

BTW, usually, when the problem is the data paths, you also can't see any local streets. Can you see any local streets when you zoom in closer that the 1-mile scale?
Phil.Gusta
Active User
Active User

Postby victra » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks for trying to help. I tried what you suggested, but no go.

I don't think it should make a difference, but the OS I have is Windows.

Oh, yeah, and in answer to your last question, I can see the local streets, without any problem, but not the Parks.
victra
Active User
Active User

Postby paulct » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:09 pm

It could very well be your campground filters. If you've checked, for example, WiFi, Pets, Over 55, etc. then parks that don't meet those terms, would not appear on the map. I've done it to myself many times, where my filters are so restrictive that all (or almost all) the parks are excluded.

Anyway, at least worth taking a look.
Paul C.T.
paulct
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby victra » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:35 pm

paulct wrote:It could very well be your campground filters. If you've checked, for example, WiFi, Pets, Over 55, etc. then parks that don't meet those terms, would not appear on the map. I've done it to myself many times, where my filters are so restrictive that all (or almost all) the parks are excluded.

Anyway, at least worth taking a look.

That was it! I unchecked some of the filter options and my parks started showing up on the map. Is the logic of these filters described somewhere?
victra
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)