[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - TLDCN2010 - How can I stay on a road (Pkwy)?

TLDCN2010 - How can I stay on a road (Pkwy)?

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

TLDCN2010 - How can I stay on a road (Pkwy)?

Postby rsedgley » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:31 am

Is there any way that you can indicate that you would like to navigate on a particular highway without using exclusions? I would like to navigate the Blue Ridge Parkway and take some side trips but continue further on the Parkway. This would be in addition to the trip preferences.

Ron
rsedgley
New User
New User

Re: TLDCN2010 - How can I stay on a road (Pkwy)?

Postby mrhagen » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:26 am

rsedgley wrote:Is there any way that you can indicate that you would like to navigate on a particular highway without using exclusions? I would like to navigate the Blue Ridge Parkway and take some side trips but continue further on the Parkway. This would be in addition to the trip preferences.

Ron

Just place a bunch of via points (as many as you need) along the highway of interest. That should keep you on that road.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby rsedgley » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:09 pm

That is what I wound up doing. I did not learn about Via points until after I had created the route and left this question. In hindsight it would have been better to put the Via points in as I was developing the route rather than trying to modify it afterwords. Thanks for your help!

Ron
rsedgley
New User
New User

Postby Don Bryer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:35 am

rsedgley wrote:That is what I wound up doing. I did not learn about Via points until after I had created the route and left this question. In hindsight it would have been better to put the Via points in as I was developing the route rather than trying to modify it afterwords. Thanks for your help!

Ron

Why? I add them afterwards all the time. It works better that way. I plan my trip from A to B, then I look at the route (I call it the rough route) and place Via points along the route, to influences it (I use the Shift and click method), and then get directions again. Very easy and fast.
Don Bryer
Active User
Active User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)