[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - On-Line, different routes ??

On-Line, different routes ??

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

On-Line, different routes ??

Postby HarryR » Sat May 01, 2010 11:52 am

I use the CD product and started using the on-line product as well. But, I am having difficulty reconciling the two. If I calculate a trip from, let's say Mobile, AL to Tampa, FL the routes I get are very different, especially near the starting point and my destination point. Why is that? I would expect the routes to be the same, since these are products of the same company. Anyone has any ideas?
HarryR
Active User
Active User

Re: On-Line, different routes ??

Postby HarryR » Sat May 01, 2010 12:14 pm

HarryR wrote:I use the CD product and started using the on-line product as well. But, I am having difficulty reconciling the two. If I calculate a trip from, let's say Mobile, AL to Tampa, FL the routes I get are very different, especially near the starting point and my destination point. Why is that? I would expect the routes to be the same, since these are products of the same company. Anyone has any ideas?

I am replying to my own message,... it's so frustrating. I set my trip up from: 231 Church Street, Mobile, AL to: 905 East 33rd Ave, Tampa, FL As I said before, the routes are very different. The CD product wants to take me on I-65 North all the way up until it gets to I-4. That's crazy! Why would I do that, when I can jump on I-10, right there! Please, does anyone have any explanation of what is going on here? The On-line product, does it correctly and puts me right on I-10.

I wanted to upload a couple of small pic files to show you what I am getting, but this board won't let me :-(
HarryR
Active User
Active User

Re: On-Line, different routes ??

Postby RWinlow » Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 am

HarryR wrote:
HarryR wrote:I use the CD product and started using the on-line product as well. But, I am having difficulty reconciling the two. If I calculate a trip from, let's say Mobile, AL to Tampa, FL the routes I get are very different, especially near the starting point and my destination point. Why is that? I would expect the routes to be the same, since these are products of the same company. Anyone has any ideas?

I am replying to my own message,... it's so frustrating. I set my trip up from: 231 Church Street, Mobile, AL to: 905 East 33rd Ave, Tampa, FL As I said before, the routes are very different. The CD product wants to take me on I-65 North all the way up until it gets to I-4. That's crazy! Why would I do that, when I can jump on I-10, right there! Please, does anyone have any explanation of what is going on here? The On-line product, does it correctly and puts me right on I-10.

I wanted to upload a couple of small pic files to show you what I am getting, but this board won't let me :-(

They wouldn't produce the same trip because they are not using the same data and program. I called Trailer Life twice about that and was told that the two are totally independent. I also asked them if they had any plans to bring them together and use the same program and data, but nobody could give me a straight answer. I don't know which of the two trip planes and route is the right/best one, but you may want to contact Undertow and ask them, They've been pretty good about trying to answer my question every time I contacted them.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)