[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - GPS Stops working

GPS Stops working

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

GPS Stops working

Postby nicbot » Sat May 15, 2010 10:10 am

I am using the 2010 version of the program with a BT Delorm GPS and I have a problem. The program connects to the GPS and works for about a minute, then it stops working. Restarting the program or turning the GPS on and off doesn't do anything. In the meantime, I also use MS-S&T and that has no problems at all. The only way to get going again is to restart my computer and then start the program to have it work only for about a minute again. This is driving me crazy :-( I was using the program with an LT-20 and had no problems at all, so I don't know what's going on here. Someone told me I may need a franzom gate, whatever that is. Do I really need it? Has anyone here experienced similar problems?
nicbot
Active User
Active User

Re: GPS Stops working

Postby Kevin_T » Sat May 15, 2010 5:14 pm

nicbot wrote:I am using the 2010 version of the program with a BT Delorm GPS and I have a problem. The program connects to the GPS and works for about a minute, then it stops working. Restarting the program or turning the GPS on and off doesn't do anything. In the meantime, I also use MS-S&T and that has no problems at all. The only way to get going again is to restart my computer and then start the program to have it work only for about a minute again. This is driving me crazy :-( I was using the program with an LT-20 and had no problems at all, so I don't know what's going on here. Someone told me I may need a franzom gate, whatever that is. Do I really need it? Has anyone here experienced similar problems?

I don't know what operating system you are using, but the Delorme serial driver is notorious for falling asleep in Vista, if the computer hibernates. That's possibly what's happening.

Nah, you don't need Fransom Gate. The program get a lot of press, but it's not all that great. It kind-of works if you want to share one GPS with multiple products, but if it has problems, they are impossible to work out. I don't know about the BT receivers, but the LT would allow you to set-up multiple COM ports, so there would be no need for FG, and the unnecessary problems it brings with it.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: GPS Stops working

Postby RWinlow » Sun May 16, 2010 11:02 am

Kevin_T wrote:
nicbot wrote:I am using the 2010 version of the program with a BT Delorm GPS and I have a problem. The program connects to the GPS and works for about a minute, then it stops working. Restarting the program or turning the GPS on and off doesn't do anything. In the meantime, I also use MS-S&T and that has no problems at all. The only way to get going again is to restart my computer and then start the program to have it work only for about a minute again. This is driving me crazy :-( I was using the program with an LT-20 and had no problems at all, so I don't know what's going on here. Someone told me I may need a franzom gate, whatever that is. Do I really need it? Has anyone here experienced similar problems?

I don't know what operating system you are using, but the Delorme serial driver is notorious for falling asleep in Vista, if the computer hibernates. That's possibly what's happening.

Nah, you don't need Fransom Gate. The program get a lot of press, but it's not all that great. It kind-of works if you want to share one GPS with multiple products, but if it has problems, they are impossible to work out. I don't know about the BT receivers, but the LT would allow you to set-up multiple COM ports, so there would be no need for FG, and the unnecessary problems it brings with it.

Same here. Fransom Gate is useless. Good thing I tried it for 14 days, before I purchased it. I had nothing but trouble. Things that were working fine with my GPS, stopped working once I installed it. Couldn't uninstall it fast enough. I'm sure it works in some instances and solves some problem, but not in my case.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)