[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - TLC2010 and Copilot

TLC2010 and Copilot

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

TLC2010 and Copilot

Postby Camper22 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:44 am

Can someone give me step-by-step how to connect my co-pilot gps to the program?
Camper22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: TLC2010 and Copilot

Postby billrot » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:21 am

Camper22 wrote:Can someone give me step-by-step how to connect my co-pilot gps to the program?

I am not familiar with copilot. How does it connect to the computer? (Serial, USB, Bluetooth,...)? I think TL can only connect with Serial GPS receivers or the ones that use virtual ports. One thing I'll tell you, don't listen to manufacturers. Forever I was told by garmin that my Nuvi would not communicate with programs because it didn't need any programs, it's a complete system on itself. And, like a fool, I listened to them. Well, I found our from the TL site that I can definitely use by setting a mode that is not even documented by garmin, and have been using it for 3 months now, without any problems. So, I don;t know if copilot will work, but don't listen to the copilot makers. Look on line and you may find a solution.
billrot
Active User
Active User

Postby mrhagen » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Camper22 wrote:Can someone give me step-by-step how to connect my co-pilot gps to the program?

Don't know which copilot you are using, but the comments I've seen for copilot 11 that I've seen, say that it sucks :-( Take a look at the comments on Amazon about it. Many RV drivers buy it because it's a "trucking" GPS, but they apparently find it disappointing.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Camper22 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:45 pm

billrot wrote:

I am not familiar with copilot. How does it connect to the computer? (Serial, USB, Bluetooth,...)? I think TL can only connect with Serial GPS receivers or the ones that use virtual ports. One thing I'll tell you, don't listen to manufacturers. Forever I was told by garmin that my Nuvi would not communicate with programs because it didn't need any programs, it's a complete system on itself. And, like a fool, I listened to them. Well, I found our from the TL site that I can definitely use by setting a mode that is not even documented by garmin, and have been using it for 3 months now, without any problems. So, I don;t know if copilot will work, but don't listen to the copilot makers. Look on line and you may find a solution.

I have searched on-line but haven't been able to find any useful information, that's why I was hoping some user here might be able to help :-(
Camper22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Camper22 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:50 pm

mrhagen wrote:

Don't know which copilot you are using, but the comments I've seen for copilot 11 that I've seen, say that it sucks :-( Take a look at the comments on Amazon about it. Many RV drivers buy it because it's a "trucking" GPS, but they apparently find it disappointing.

I was not asking anyone to rate this device! However bad or good it is, I *own* it. I never understood why people post responses like yours, which have nothing to do with responding to the original question! If you don't know how to set it up, just don't say anything. What, are you trying to make me feel bad for purchasing a device that sucks? Let me guess, you'd never do something as stupid as buying such a piece of junk, right? Is hat what you are trying to tell me?
Camper22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)