[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - All POIs in one file?

All POIs in one file?

Points of Interest (POI) files uploaded by users. They can be imported in Trailer Life Directory Campground Navigator and Precision Mapping Streets v9.

All POIs in one file?

Postby onAmission » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:21 am

Does anyone have all the POI s posted here in a single file, so that I don't have to download and keep track of 100 different files?
onAmission
Active User
Active User

Re: All POIs in one file?

Postby artmart » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Having different POI files makes it easier to update each POI type. Then there's the icon files associated with each type of POI. It can probably be done, but it might be nightmarish at best. You are certainly welcome to try. It's easy enough to append these files together, but the icons will be the problem. Therefore, the easy answer is NO.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby salmore » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:38 pm

I agree with Art. Having all those different types of points in the same file would be a pain. I like the way it is now. I have downloaded all the POI files, have them set up in the program and only make visible the ones I am interested in, one or a few POI types at a time. Gives me much better control and flexibility.
salmore
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:09 am

Salmore brings up a great point. With these POIs being separate, I've only downloaded those I wanted and ignored those I didn't. It keeps the map clutter down, and I see only the few I want. Each one used a different icon file, too.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to User Created/Uploaded Points of Interest (POI)