[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - No participation in this new area?

No participation in this new area?

Ask questions about specific campgrounds, Add a review or recommendation about a campgrounds you visited recently, etc.

No participation in this new area?

Postby phaethon3 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:55 am

I had watched the discussions on this board about setting up and area for campground recommendations and really thought I would see an explosion of posts, once undertow created - after months of asking them to. I have been disappointed to see only a handful of posts. I don;t know if people have just been too busy with the holidays, or they are just timid about posting their opinions. It's a shame, because I think user recommendations is one of the best tools in helping one decide where to stay with an RV. Hopefully this will change with the new year.

Sure, I may be one of the ones NOT posting, but as a newbie, I was hoping that the feedback from the old pros at this would be here for me to learn from. I hope to be posting my own reviews and recommendations (or zings) once I get some more experience under my belt.
phaethon3
New User
New User

Re: No participation in this new area?

Postby paulct » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 am

I think the problem is data overload :-( There are so many different web sites out there that have RV Park reviews and recommendations that people don't feel the need to post yet another one here - at least that's what *i* think.
Paul C.T.
paulct
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby artmart » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:22 pm

This suggestion has been brought up before and like what's already been explained, the web isn't ready for ANOTHER RV park information and rating web site.

I prefer this one sticks to RV software based questions and answers and stays away from the objective reviews that have given many us fits since there are too many criteria that can be used to rate a place (and not just RV campgrounds).

This old pro recommends you search for other web sites that already cover this... Trailer Life, Woodall's and there are so many others. For example, I love Whitney Portal in California and would rate it 10's on all scales, but then you'd want to shoot me when you find there are no good showers or restaurants nearby. I don't think it's on anyone's RV website, but I have seen an RV or two up there.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby phaethon3 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:06 pm

I wouldn't blame you, if you told me what *you* thought about an RV park and I went there and didn't like it :-)

You may be right, we don't need another "Campground Rating" web site. May be just users brief reviews, like it's slowly starting to happen.
phaethon3
New User
New User

Return to Campground Info, Recommendations, etc.