[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Shady Oasis Kampground, Victorville - Recommend ??

Shady Oasis Kampground, Victorville - Recommend ??

Ask questions about specific campgrounds, Add a review or recommendation about a campgrounds you visited recently, etc.

Shady Oasis Kampground, Victorville - Recommend ??

Postby Phil.Gusta » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:57 am

Does anyone have any input about the Shady Oasis Kampground in Victorville, CA? Have you stayed there? Would you recommend it? A friend mentioned it and I want to get some info on it. If not, any other park you'd recommend in close vicinity to that area?

Thanks
Phil.Gusta
Active User
Active User

Re: Shady Oasis Kampground, Victorville - Recommend ??

Postby Camper22 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Haven't been there recently, but last time I wasn't all that impressed. Maybe someone else can recommend a better park in that area.
Camper22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby artmart » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:26 pm

I have no info on the facility, but if you aren't gonna be under trees and going there during the summer, it will be HOT! I hope you have an A/C or two to keep cool!
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Phil.Gusta » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:28 am

Are there any other good parks in that area? You guys don't sound convincing that this where I should be staying :-)
Phil.Gusta
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:08 pm

If you believe the Trailer Life ratings the best park in the area is Adelanto RV Park (8, 8, 7.5) off Hwy 395 to the northwest and is about 7 miles from the city center. Shady Oasis (7, 8, 6) is almost 4 miles from Victorville on I-15 to the Northeast).

Here's a map of the Victorville area so you can see other RV Parks:

Victorville area.jpg
Victorville area.jpg (252.34 KiB) Viewed 6051 times

Don't expect much in the area. It is a slow, quiet community. There are things to do in Barstow about 35 miles northeast via I-15. If you need more information, I'll try and help you out.

I hope you're going there for more than just a visit to an RV Park if you're going there this time of year. I'd recommend going with others since misery loves company. Admittedly, I have two sisters-in-law that prefer to camp in 100 or more degree weather and even cook hot meals, too. Personally, I hate it.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Live2RV » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Camper22 wrote:Haven't been there recently, but last time I wasn't all that impressed. Maybe someone else can recommend a better park in that area.

How along ago was that? Is it possible they fixed it up since then?

BTW, here is their web site (not much info, but...) http://shadyoasis.tripod.com/PC_index.html
Live2RV
Active User
Active User

Return to Campground Info, Recommendations, etc.