[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Anyone Familiar with "Delux" rv park in Denver?

Anyone Familiar with "Delux" rv park in Denver?

Ask questions about specific campgrounds, Add a review or recommendation about a campgrounds you visited recently, etc.

Anyone Familiar with "Delux" rv park in Denver?

Postby Wilzlow » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Has anyone stayed at this park? I will be passing through Denver and wanted to find a place near the city. I've seen mixed reviews on-line, but I was wondering if anyone here has stayed at the park and can give me first hand experience.

Thanks
Wilzlow
New User
New User

Re: Anyone Familiar with "Delux" rv park in Denver?

Postby artmart » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Unless you ask this question in an RV forum where there are many more experienced campers than this specific forum where only RVers that use this software, consider this...

Mixed reviews are not a bad thing. It mostly means that someone had a good experience or a bad experience. I tend to be more upbeat and other than the plumbing blowing up in a highly rated campground where we stayed in Pismo Beach, CA and not having water for a couple of days, this would be a bad thing. But the person who stayed there after they fixed it, well they would have a good experience.

I tend to have way more good experiences than bad experiences. How you treat people and take care of things have a lot to do with it. If you get no responses, I'd give it a try after reading ALL the reviews especially if it meets you locale and financial requirements. You don't say what time of year you are going or your camping method (RV, Tent, etc.) so that also might have a bearing. I hope you have a great trip. I've been to RV Parks that treat tenters like low-lifes and some that go out of their way to ensure tenters are treated right. Reviews aren't always detailed enough.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby xavier » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:24 pm

I think the admin should probably move this thread to the section about campground reviews. You may get more responses there.
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Moderator » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:24 am

The thread was moved to the appropriate section, as suggested.
Active User
Active User

Postby Larry,Jin » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:04 am

My experience there about a year ago was not that great. The park itself is OK, but it's probably in one of the worst areas. Had originally planned to stay there for 4 days, but left after the first night.
Larry,Jin
New User
New User

Postby Wilzlow » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:06 am

Larry,Jin wrote:My experience there about a year ago was not that great. The park itself is OK, but it's probably in one of the worst areas. Had originally planned to stay there for 4 days, but left after the first night.

Thanks for the heads up. Greatly appreciated. Do you know of any other park in the area that you'd recommend?
Wilzlow
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Do you not have a copy of RVPNG2013? I just checked my copy and there's a few campgrounds around the Denver Area within a 30 mile radius and a few even within 15 miles. And the last version of RVRTN2012 that includes Trailer Life's ratings shows mostly the same things.

If you want a list and you can't afford the funds or effort to buy your own copy, here's a list from RVRTN2012 (the Trailer Life version) I can provide with the name, compass direction, direct distance to Denver and the TL ratings. Note, the Delux campground did NOT make their list but is in RVPNG. You'll have to look up any other information you desire. This is the best I can do as your fee-free travel agent:

Note: P=RV Park rating, R=Restroom rating, V=Visual rating

1. Golden Clear Creek RV Park, W, 13 miles, P=6.5, R=8, V=7.5
2. Golden Terrace South RV Resort, W, 12 miles, P=4, R=8, V=5
3. Dakota Ridge RV Park, W, 11 miles, P=10, R=10, V=8.5
4. South Park Mobile Homes and RV Community, S, 7 miles, P=4, R=8, V=5
5. Flying Saucer RV Park and Storage, S, 6 miles, P=4.5, R=7.5, V=6.5
6. Cherry Creek State Park, SE, 10 miles, (no ratings available as are most State Parks)

Here's some more from RVPNG2013 without ratings:
7. Denver Meadows RV Park, E, 8 miles
8. Prospect RV Park, NW, 8 miles
9. Delux RV Park, N, 5 miles (yup, it's there and there are no ratings)

There's the parks, but with no recommendations or details. Maybe someone has stayed at these others, but if the park is the issue, #3 has the best ratings but you can bet it's gonna be pricey or full.

Good luck to you.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Eugene » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:13 pm

Actually, I don't know all the parks listed, but you can't always go by someone else's ratings, at least not absolutely. I've stayed at one of those you mentioned, Art,

5. Flying Saucer RV Park and Storage, S, 6 miles, P=4.5, R=7.5, V=6.5

Αt first it may not look like much, but once you are inside, you see that it is a pretty descent park and at a very reasonable price (well, I stayed for a month, so daily rates may be higher). It's only about 20 minutes from the downtown and the Denver run/bike trail is right behind it. It can be kind of noisy, because it's next to a busy highway, but if you get a site away from the road, you'll be fine.

The ratings provided above don't do it justice. You get a very good deal for the money.
Eugene
Active User
Active User

Postby Wilzlow » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:09 am

keithhelms wrote:Sounds pretty ratty to me:

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/view_campg ... -and-Motel

Thanks Keithhelms. Appreciate the link!!
Wilzlow
New User
New User

Postby twindman » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Cherry Creek has everything Delux has and the WiFi is pretty good. It is roomy, you are spaced out (50-75 feet between sites), easy in and out. Just be sure to add in about $8 a day for park entry fee. Oh, and it is rated mostly 9s and 10s whereas Delux was a 1 and 2, I believe.
twindman
New User
New User

Postby FTitus » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Thanks, twindman. I was looking for a park in that area as well. I am going to take a look at Cherry Creek.
FTitus
New User
New User

Return to Campground Info, Recommendations, etc.