[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - With google maps?

With google maps?

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

With google maps?

Postby FrankS » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:32 am

Can I use this program and google maps together?
FrankS
New User
New User

Re: With google maps?

Postby artmart » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:57 pm

Not interacting with each other, but when I am doing Trip Planning I often use Google (or BingMaps) to confirm what I see, or get better information or visibility of the trips that I plan. It helps me determine if I want to even drive using the roads, or routes or whatever else I see. Then in another window I'll have my Internet browser to search for specific info from the Trip Planning to try and validate any RVPNG2013 results. Since information can be outdated so fast, I figure if I see the information in more than one application, the odds are it's still accurate.

As far as using RVPNG2013 the best one can do is cut and paste text from it into Google or your browser to try and help searching for information, but they don't work together any better than that.

Consider these as independent programs that were designed and written like they will be used independently of each other. Until recently, the best RVPNG2013 has done is allowed information to be cut and pasted into other apps and emails.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby mrhagen » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 am

FrankS wrote:Can I use this program and google maps together?

FrankS, what does that even mean? What do you mean use them together? Do you mean planning your trip in the Planner and then transferring it to google maps? Or do you mean displaying google maps on top of the planner maps? Or, do you mean displaying the Park information from the planner on google maps? Not that I think you can do any of those things, but it's just that the question is so vague!
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby zigster » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:31 pm

I like the way the google maps look. It would be great if one could use their maps and the planning features of the RV2013 program.

Come to think about it, I know of a lot of programs and on-line trip planning tools (some free, some not), but I don't think any of them gives me the trip planning flexibility that RV2013 gives me, though it also has its own shortcomings ;-)
zigster
New User
New User

Postby GoodwinR » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:48 am

zigster wrote:but I don't think any of them gives me the trip planning flexibility that RV2013 gives me, though it also has its own shortcomings

That's why I like using it, as well, good trip planning, but it does make you jump through hoops to get it done.

One f the things that I wish they had in the program, would be the ability to specify how many miles a day to drive. It would really make it a much better tool, IMHO.
GoodwinR
New User
New User

Postby artmart » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Not sure about miles since having a number isn't always good. Driving 400 miles in the Great Plains is pretty much a cinch, but 400 miles in the Rockies, is a whole different story, at least for this old man, towing a 38', 7 ton trailer.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby GoodwinR » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Art, you are absolutely correct. Hadn't thought of that. It makes sense!
GoodwinR
New User
New User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013