[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Access Violation with Win8

Access Violation with Win8

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

Access Violation with Win8

Postby xavier » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:40 am

I just installed the program on a new Win8 laptop and I'm encountering the following problem. I thought I was pretty good at running this program, but this is throwing me for a loop :-( Program installed fine, I downloaded the updates (yes, including the LARGE update that took over 30 min to download), and everything appears to run just fine.

I opened a trip file that I transferred from my other system, a simple trip from CA to AK. I clicked Get Directions and I got the error message "Access Violation at address 03B5FB21 in module 'MP2013.OCX' Read of address 00000000."

I searched this forum for any thread that was possible addressing this, but couldn't find anything. So, I'm at a loss :-( I tried running the program right-clicking, as administrator - just in case, but I got the same result.

My first thought was that the program is not compatible with Win8, but I saw others here that are running in Win8, so that can't be it. I uninstalled and re-installed twice already, and I'm willing to try any suggestions, at this point.
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Access Violation with Win8

Postby artmart » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Isn't this one of those data paths issues? I thought even you came up with the solution in the past where you need to reset data paths or something. I hope this jogs your memory and gets this solved. If it doesn't work all I can say is I hate Windows 8 (hey, that rhymes) and I'm not looking forward to replacing my system because it's probably gonna have this awful OS. I hear there's an updated easier to use version that's now out (8.1?), but it's a crapshoot we're gonna like the improvements. Even the UnderTow update that removed the ratings is no where near as bad as what Microsoft has done to Windows.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby xavier » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Hmm... I remember having issues with routing, but don't recall this access violation error message. You may be right. Anyway, I quickly tried the data path thingy, but didn't get rid of the error.
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:17 am

Maybe a PM to Kevin_T. He's pretty good at these things too.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby xavier » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Good idea, I'll fire off a PM to him, because no matter what I try, I keep getting the error. I wonder if I need to uninstall and re-install, and I hate having to do the large download again :-(
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Another idea... search topics. I seem to remember this term being used to describe this error somewhere else in this forum, but since I'm old, I don't remember, since I'm not getting this error, I don't care, and since I don't have Windows 8, I'm lazy.

Good luck!
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby onAmission » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Well, I just got the error message on a system running Windows 7, so it doesn't appear to be a win8 issue. The trip I was planning was in Northeastern Canada. Also, the address of the address of the error was different, if that makes any difference.
onAmission
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Hmmmm, a second complaint. The common denominator is trip planning through Canada. Xavier did a simple trip from CA to AK (that's simple?) and now onAmission was trip planning through Canada. If the trip plans cause these errors consistently, send it to me and I'll see if I can get it or I have trip plans to Alaska I might just have to dust off and retry since they were done on old releases (but I may not get the error with mine). Then we can all get UnderTow involved starting with emails to support@undertowsoftware.com. Or maybe they're already on it since they do monitor this forum.

But if someone has trip plans that can cause this error easily that would be the best to send to UnderTow. Problems that can be reproduced sure make for easier fixing.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby artmart » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:39 am

I can no longer help. I tried a few trip plans I had that included old trip plans into Canada and got no errors on my system. This will not be an easy one to fix if it can't be easily set up and reproduced. Good luck to everyone.

I'm still offering to try someone else's trip plan that causes this error to try it on my system, in an effort to reproduce the problem.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013