[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Elevation field gets blanked out...

Elevation field gets blanked out...

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

Elevation field gets blanked out...

Postby artmart » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:03 am

I have noticed this on two trip plans so far, but I'm sure it's more prevalent and don't know what pattern causes it, that the elevation field gets blanked out after the "Get Directions" is clicked and the route is displayed.

In addition to the numbered turn by turn, the description, miles and time fields, there is a field at the end of the row that is supposed to display the elevation (I have it set to "ft"). But a little farther down, the field is blanked out and there is nothing showing in that field.

I don't know what causes this but I've reported this to UnderTow today and I'm awaiting a response. I also sent them two different trip plan files that exhibit the problem. I first noticed this when I created an HTML file to send to my brother-in-law for a trip we are planning to take and the elevation is important for us since we are each towing large fifth wheels and we want to know when to expect grades. When I exported the info to an HTML file I noticed upon review that the elevation field was blank for several of the rows of information, then they picked up after that. Fortunately, I know the route and where to expect ascents and descents, but my BIL has never towed on that route.

I must add I see similar problems on RTN2012, so the problem has been around a while. Maybe I should search the forum and see if someone has reported this. I have a sneaky suspicion, someone has already reported this.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Re: Elevation field gets blanked out...

Postby artmart » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Searched the forums... no other evidence of this particular problem. Got a reply from my email that they'll be looking into it. Good response, and now I must be patient as they schedule in time to look at this and what can be done. Stay tuned.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013