[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - The Next Release

The Next Release

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

The Next Release

Postby CamperJohn » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Does anyone know when the next software update is scheduled?
CamperJohn
New User
New User

Re: The Next Release

Postby artmart » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:00 am

I suggest you send an email to support@undertowsoftware.com. Asking any of us forum members would only provide wishful thinking. If the folks in support at UnderTow don't know, then I wouldn't trust the word of anyone else unless they can quote something from an UnderTow person of authority.

Sorry about the late reply, but this forum has been very quiet. I posted a bug about the elevations not being provided when calculating a trip and other than they replied to me that they would look into it, it's all been completely silent.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Nokia1957 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:36 am

I too would like to know when the next update or newer version of this software will be. It has been a fairly long time since the last update. I remember when I bought this software I was told that the would be several updates per year, like every 3 or 4 months, but so far there seems to been hardly any updates & no real support as I have discovered some mistakes in some of the listing & have let them know when I do find them & they have not even been acknowledged when I have sent them in. I am wondering if they ever going to do what they were planning to do when the came out with this software. So far they have not done what the promised when I purchased their program. I am so disappointed so far, but keep hoping they will finally deliver what the promised. :(
Nokia1957
New User
New User

Postby twindman » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:11 pm

I see on their "Products" list on home page, the 2013 RV Plan N Go is no longer available. I wonder if they have gone out of business with this product???
twindman
New User
New User

Postby xavier » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:33 pm

I called them about a month or so ago and was told that there were no plans to release any new versions of the navigator program. Too bad :-( I asked the person on the phone the reason and he mumbled something about not enough user support, or something. Not sure that he knew the reasons, really. Too bad, because it was a very helpful program and I am nor sure there is anything like it in the market :-(
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Xavier, "not enough user support" is another term for... wait for it,... their sales for the product are in the dumps. With Trailer Life not supporting them any longer, just think of the perceived problems regarding what the product can do especially when the forum is full of "This isn't Trailer Life any longer and doesn't provide the same info, therefore this product will not work for me". This was Trailer Life's electronic answer to their Paper products and with them dropping from the partnership, well hopefully you can figure it out why the product suffered.

I have not looked for alternative trip planning software that is RV-centric and will continue to use this since I prefer the Trip Planning part of this software and NOT the database. I have so many other ways of looking for Campgrounds besides Trailer Life.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby paulct » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:57 pm

I was surprised when I saw that their web site no longer had any of the products and I called them as well (I actually called them early last week). I had a lengthy talk with one of their tech people, (Harris, I believe) and after he warmed up to me, he said pretty much what Art said. Their sales were not what they expected them to be. They thought they would get a lot more support by users and had plans of creating a database that would be of much better quality and span that Trailer Life or any of the other databases out there, and eventually have links to review sites, etc. - a program truly tailored to RV trip planning, since there is no such thing available today. However, again, according to Harris, user acceptance was not what they expected, many complaining that without Trailer Life's database, the program was worthless to them.

I might be wrong, but I think some other company will probably recognize the void and take advantage of it by developing such a program. Or at least, I hope so!
Paul C.T.
paulct
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby onAmission » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:43 pm

This wouldn't be the first time that a product failure is blamed on the users! How does that even make sense? The product failed because it did NOT deliver value, it's as simple as that and all the fast talking by undertow will not change facts. If the product delivered value for what they were charging, users would flock to it and it'd still be around.
onAmission
Active User
Active User

Postby paulct » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:07 am

Onamission, your response may be a good indicator as to why it failed, as you say :-)

I was never a big user of the program, but pray tell, what product - in your opinion, provides the value you are alluding to, NOW that their product is gone, and at what price point? Just curious.
Paul C.T.
paulct
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby onAmission » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:09 pm

Seriously, Paulct? So *I* am the reason the company failed? I didn;t realize that I had all this power, to single-handedly control the future of companies.

I will give you that there is no other product out there that does what the RV planner did. I wish there was, but there isn't. But, that still doesn't change the fact that the program did not provide value for the price, period!

And, if it makes you feel better to blame me for its failure, go right ahead.
onAmission
Active User
Active User

Postby xavier » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Onamission, I was never an Undertow cheerleader and I think they did a whole bunch of things wrong, but I can tell you that there is no substitute for the product, where it combined the planning and some of the campground info, for anything near the price they were charging.

Of course, at this point it doesn't matter, but I wish they hadn't stopped making the program even if they had to charge a little more for it, if that's wnat needed to be done.

It's a shame :-(
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby paulct » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:21 am

Xavier, you are right, there is nothing like it out there, however under/overvalued people think it was.

I don't know if there are other internal reasons that made the company decide not to continue with this program, but at least from the messages on this board, all I saw was complaining and whining. Mind you, I am not talking about complaining regarding things that didn't work, that's valid and companies should fix things that do not work. I am talking about the general whining like "this program is no good", "I paid my good money for it...", "Why isn't my favorite campground in it", etc. There were only a couple of posters, as far as I remember from reading the various postings over the years, that were realistic about their expectations of what a $50 product should deliver. One of them in particular, Artmart, was always trying to tell others what they should expect. I don't know if he had any relationship with the company, or not, but he was the most level-headed one of the bunch. But, for every reasonable message he posted there were 10 whining complaining messages.

I could go on and on, but it boils down to one very simple thing. We, RV-ers, have the reputation of being older, grumpy, whinny people and I hate that, so every time I see behavior by a few that seems to propagate that stereotype, it gets under my skin.

Getting back to the subject at hand, I don't claim to know the real reasons that caused the company to abandon the product, it was probably low sales, who knows, but the product was filling a need and it has now left a void because there is nothing similar out there :-( I hope some other company decides to come out with a similar product.
Paul C.T.
paulct
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby onAmission » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Sorry I can't shed any tears for them guys, I really am. As for other products, I can use the free product from Trailer Life, or google maps, or microsoft's product, thank you very much. All, much better products in my opinion!
onAmission
Active User
Active User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013