[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Features missing in MapPro80

Features missing in MapPro80

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Features missing in MapPro80

Postby UShadow » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:29 am

I finally saw MapPro80. I didn't order it yet, but a colleague did and I spent some time looking at it this weekend. It looks like the APIs are much more consistent, and the documentation is a bit more organized (though it still doesn't come with a searchable help file). It also looks like a lot more functionality was added, but there is one component that is missing. There is no route optimization. Those functions are totally absent. Was that an oversight, or was a decision made by undertow NOT to support route optimization any longer? I thought that was one of the most interesting and valuable features of MapPro71.
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: Features missing in MapPro80

Postby CraigWY » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:43 am

I, for one, will not miss that feature. Though the idea was good, the implementation of the route optimization in 7.1 was very elementary, almost like "proof-of-concept". If they had a real optimization implemented in v8.0 that would be great, but if I had to chose between what they had in 7.1 and nothing, I'd take nothing. I am not knocking v7.1, it was a great product, dated, but great. I am just commenting on their route optimization.
CraigWY
Casual User
Casual User

Return to MapPro OCX