[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - MapPro80.OCX Registry Entries

MapPro80.OCX Registry Entries

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

MapPro80.OCX Registry Entries

Postby SamDee » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Does anyone have a list of all the Windows registry entries that are created/managed by MapPro80.OCX?

In particular with Windows 7, because that's where I am having most of my problems, and I am probably overlooking something simple.

Thank you.
SamDee
Active User
Active User

Re: MapPro80.OCX Registry Entries

Postby VictorC » Thu May 05, 2011 9:16 am

SamDee wrote:Does anyone have a list of all the Windows registry entries that are created/managed by MapPro80.OCX?

In particular with Windows 7, because that's where I am having most of my problems, and I am probably overlooking something simple.

I don't think you'll find that info anywhere :-( They seem to be really protective about that type of information - I don't know why!
VictorC
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Thu May 05, 2011 1:10 pm

I don't think any program lists this stuff, because it's considered proprietary. Plus, they don't like people knowing these entries because messing them up will cause support calls they don't have to deal with.

I have checked for entries for programs myself and it's hard work. I am sure I have never found all the entries because many are just to cryptic to identify.

What I'm saying is good luck with this one but don't hold your hopes up too high.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Kevin_T » Thu May 05, 2011 10:03 pm

You are never going to get that from any company. There are many reasons for this and Art enumerated the most important ones. The only exception may be for apps that store folders, source directories, etc, in the Windows registry. Those program might release info about such registry entries.
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Postby SamDee » Wed May 11, 2011 8:16 pm

You guys are all right. I did call Monday afternoon and talked to someone at their tech support, and was given "some" of that information. They didn't give me ALL the registry entries, but they gave me enough info for what I wanted to do.
SamDee
Active User
Active User

Postby UShadow » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:48 pm

SamDee, the only entries you should; be interested in should be those in the UnderTow registry key. BTW, do not try to manually manipulate them :-) I ended up corrupting them and had to do a clean uninstall/install to get things working again :-(
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Return to MapPro OCX