[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Landmarks Question

Landmarks Question

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Landmarks Question

Postby MarkY » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:33 am

There seems to be a problem with the landmarks in MapPro80. I believe there were many more points in MapPro71 and now *many* of these are missing. I am wondering if I am doing anything wrong, or may me missing some files. I took a quick look, but I confess that I don't know what all these files in the numerous folders are, so... All I can tell is that there do not appear to be any files on the CD that are not on my system.

Is anyone else having similar problems?
The gene pool has no lifeguard...
MarkY
Active User
Active User

Re: Landmarks Question

Postby UShadow » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:14 pm

I think there some issues with the Landmarks, indeed. but if you take a look at their "public" folder, they have some documentation about the changes that were made in the newer builds of the SDK. For example, you now have the choice of using two different sets of landmarks, use your own bitmaps to identify them on the map, etc.
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Gyrotech » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:33 pm

I had some issues with the landmarks as well, but I downloaded the new OCX and the info and I like the new capabilities. One of the things I am not certain about is the red border in the bitmap sample. Is that part of each icon bitmap or is it simply a visual boundary to denote each mark?
Gyrotech
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby UShadow » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Gyrotech wrote:I had some issues with the landmarks as well, but I downloaded the new OCX and the info and I like the new capabilities. One of the things I am not certain about is the red border in the bitmap sample. Is that part of each icon bitmap or is it simply a visual boundary to denote each mark?

I didn't see anything about it in the documentation I downloaded, but after playing with the file a bit, I think that it is part of each of the bitmaps, because when rendered it appears that he color of the border is transparent. It would be nice if undertow documented details like that, in the future.

BTW, does anyone have a better set of bitmaps they wouldn't mind sharing? I have an older set that I use, but they are not all that great. I could sure use something better :-(
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Return to MapPro OCX