[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - General Question About Data

General Question About Data

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

General Question About Data

Postby LarryWilton » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:43 am

I have what may be more of a licensing question, but I hope others here have gone down that road and may be able to help me sort it out. In one of our applications we do not care about routing, we'll never use it. We care about using the underlying mapping info as a reference and will be using out own info (MID/MIF files, etc. or our own CAD files) to enhance that info. Given this scenario, do we need to license the premium TANA dataset, or are we O.K. with licensing the tiger-based dataset, which is less expensive? Does anyone have experience using the two datasets? We are only interested in the US, but I have no info on what the coverage difference is between the two datasets, and I want to make sure than by going to the "lower quality" data, we don't give up too much in terms of coverage.

I will probably have a lot more questions, but if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be great!
LarryWilton
Active User
Active User

Re: General Question About Data

Postby mAlagi » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Actually, I would also be VERY interested in any information on this subject.
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
mAlagi
Active User
Active User

Return to MapPro OCX