[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - GPS Question

GPS Question

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

GPS Question

Postby mAlagi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:15 am

Members here have been very helpful in the past, so here I am again with another question.

I have location information coming through one of our own devices through a USB port. I want to somehow hook into the USB port and get that information so that I can use it with the GPS unit provided with mappro80. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for any help!
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
mAlagi
Active User
Active User

Re: GPS Question

Postby MarkY » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:09 am

Yes, it is possible. They ship a GPS OCX with their SDK. However, I found it disappointing, because there is no voice navigation capability :-(

I guess if all you wanted was to access the GPS information from the USB port, it would be O.K.
The gene pool has no lifeguard...
MarkY
Active User
Active User

Re: GPS Question

Postby mAlagi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks. Luckily, voice prompts are not as important, for this app.
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
mAlagi
Active User
Active User

Return to MapPro OCX