[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - GeoFind Question

GeoFind Question

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

GeoFind Question

Postby VictorC » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Here is another function call that I have no idea what it is doing. I looked in the PDF manual and saw a whole bunch of information about GeoFind, but nothing that looks like what is being used in our application. I have no idea what the info after Radio Shack is. It looks like some sort of X,Y, but then what's the rest, and how is it used?

'- Locate Radio Shacks in the area
MapPro1.GeoFind ("Radio Shack|X-84.53211Y32.9335PR100")

Any help would be very welcome.
VictorC
Active User
Active User

Re: GeoFind Question

Postby MarkY » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:48 pm

VictorC wrote:Here is another function call that I have no idea what it is doing. I looked in the PDF manual and saw a whole bunch of information about GeoFind, but nothing that looks like what is being used in our application. I have no idea what the info after Radio Shack is. It looks like some sort of X,Y, but then what's the rest, and how is it used?

Victor, it looks like you may have to contact Undertow and get a new CD from them. The CD I have has some additional PDF files that explain the new features of GeoFind (it looks like they may have been added after the SDK was originally released).

For example the call you posted looks like looking for "Radio Shack" POIs within 100 miles from the point X:-84.53211 and Y:32.9335. To be honest with you, even the explanation in the PDF is a bit confusing, but if you read it carefully, it will give an idea of what the function call can look like.
The gene pool has no lifeguard...
MarkY
Active User
Active User

Re: GeoFind Question

Postby VictorC » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 am

MarkY wrote:
VictorC wrote:Here is another function call that I have no idea what it is doing. I looked in the PDF manual and saw a whole bunch of information about GeoFind, but nothing that looks like what is being used in our application. I have no idea what the info after Radio Shack is. It looks like some sort of X,Y, but then what's the rest, and how is it used?

Victor, it looks like you may have to contact Undertow and get a new CD from them. The CD I have has some additional PDF files that explain the new features of GeoFind (it looks like they may have been added after the SDK was originally released).

For example the call you posted looks like looking for "Radio Shack" POIs within 100 miles from the point X:-84.53211 and Y:32.9335. To be honest with you, even the explanation in the PDF is a bit confusing, but if you read it carefully, it will give an idea of what the function call can look like.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That's exactly what it does. Now that you said it, it makes sense, but I still don't know what the PR really means, etc. I couldn't find the PDF you mention, so I guess I have to contact the company and see if I can get it. Do you know what the name of the file is?
VictorC
Active User
Active User

Return to MapPro OCX