[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Mappro80 SDk ??

Mappro80 SDk ??

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Mappro80 SDk ??

Postby Gyrotech » Fri May 14, 2010 8:15 am

I have seen on the web site that the Mappro80 sdk has been in final beta testing for a while. Does anyone know it it is going to be released any time soon. Also, I saw the brief description on the web site, but I was wondering if anyone here has been beta testing it and if they could tell us their first impressions. Have been waiting for this major update for years :-(
User avatar
Gyrotech
Frequent User
Frequent User
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Re: Mappro80 SDk ??

Postby UShadow » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:08 am

Gyrotech wrote:I have seen on the web site that the Mappro80 sdk has been in final beta testing for a while. Does anyone know it it is going to be released any time soon. Also, I saw the brief description on the web site, but I was wondering if anyone here has been beta testing it and if they could tell us their first impressions. Have been waiting for this major update for years :-(

I don't think it will ever be released :cry: Seriously, I've been hearing about it for years, and it was always, "It will be released by the end of the quarter". I have sort of have given up on it, at this point. And, we have been happy with the 7.1 version, so far. I don't know that we'll be going to 8.0 if it's released, because I don't think it will provide drastically better capabilities, or anything. We moved to 7.1 from MS-MapPoint, but I think our next move (whenever it is) would be to google. It's nice not to have to warehouse all sorts of data and have someone else worry about updates, roll-outs, etc. All you have to do is call their API. I like that :-)
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
User avatar
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Mappro80 SDk ??

Postby Gyrotech » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:53 am

UShadow wrote:
Gyrotech wrote:I have seen on the web site that the Mappro80 sdk has been in final beta testing for a while. Does anyone know it it is going to be released any time soon. Also, I saw the brief description on the web site, but I was wondering if anyone here has been beta testing it and if they could tell us their first impressions. Have been waiting for this major update for years :-(

I don't think it will ever be released :cry: Seriously, I've been hearing about it for years, and it was always, "It will be released by the end of the quarter". I have sort of have given up on it, at this point. And, we have been happy with the 7.1 version, so far. I don't know that we'll be going to 8.0 if it's released, because I don't think it will provide drastically better capabilities, or anything. We moved to 7.1 from MS-MapPoint, but I think our next move (whenever it is) would be to google. It's nice not to have to warehouse all sorts of data and have someone else worry about updates, roll-outs, etc. All you have to do is call their API. I like that :-)

Actually, it *WAS* released. I got a newsletter a couple of weeks ago that it is released and available! The newsletter didn't have enough detail, but from the little it had it sounds good. Now, if I can convince my boss to order it ;-)
User avatar
Gyrotech
Frequent User
Frequent User
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Re: Mappro80 SDk ??

Postby UShadow » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:29 am

How did you get a newsletter? I never got one and I also checked around with other developers in the company and no-one else got it, either. Is there something special one needs to do to get the newsletter?
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
User avatar
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Mappro80 SDk ??

Postby Gyrotech » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:30 am

UShadow wrote:How did you get a newsletter? I never got one and I also checked around with other developers in the company and no-one else got it, either. Is there something special one needs to do to get the newsletter?

This is from their newsletter...

Increased data resolution, totally overhauled router with trip planning including exclusions, support for multiple overlay/underlay images with alpha blending, a GPS interface module, faster and cleaner-rendered map images, a shift away from an event-driver paradigm (very useful in non-visual implementations of the control), special attention to .NET considerations (like multiple event sink connections), a new state and major highway coarse layer for Mexico built-in, drag-and-drop event handler, ability to create and use proprietary format CRA archives (automatically gridded for faster loading and rendering), new expanded printing interface, and much more...

BTW, here is the link to the complete newsletters

http://www.undertowsoftware.com/newsletters/
User avatar
Gyrotech
Frequent User
Frequent User
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 11:23 pm


Return to MapPro OCX

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron