[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - User POI problems

User POI problems

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

User POI problems

Postby johnwilson » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:00 am

I'm running into two problems with the new User POI feature in PMSAT90:

1. I'm unable to search the User POIs. The help file says that they should be searchable like the built-in POIs. That is, when you check the box for "Include POI in search" in the "Search for a City/Place" box, PMSAT90 should try to match your search term with the contents of fields 3, 4, 5, and 6 of your POI files. When I try to do this, I only see hits for built-in POIs. My User POIs show on the map; they're in the right locations, the contents of field 3 shows as the title, and the contents of field 4 pop up when the mouse rolls over the POI location. Therefore PMSAT90 has correctly parsed the User POI file. Is this a bug, or am I misinterpreting something, or what? This same problem comes up using a User POI file I downloaded from the Trailer Life forum, so it isn't just something quirky about my User POI file.

2. When I delete User POIs, they don't stay deleted. They disappear from the map, and they don't show in the "Import User POI" box, but the next time PMSAT90 starts up, they're back. If I delete the User POI files and then start PMSAT90, the User POI files still appear in the "Import User POI", but in red, presumably indicating the missing files. I've found two workarounds:

2.1 Edit "My Documents\PMSAT90\PMSAT90.INI" and delete the lines that refer to the User POI files, or

2.2 In the "Import User POI" box, don't just delete the text for the csv and graphics files. Instead, replace each filename with a space.

Naturally, the second workaround is safer and easier than the first.

Anybody know how to search User POIs?

JohnW
johnwilson
New User
New User

Re: User POI problems

Postby Dimitry » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:07 pm

I hadn't paid close attention to either of the two problems you noted, but after your post, I went back and sure enough I am experiencing the same exact problems you are describing.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution to offer, but at least I confirmed the problem(s) :-)
Dimitry
Active User
Active User

Re: User POI problems

Postby RWinlow » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Well, I had emailed them quoting the problem (as originally posted here) and I just got an email telling me that a new build is available for download that corrects these problems.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Re: User POI problems - Corrected

Postby Dimitry » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:55 am

Just wanted to mention that a new version that I *just* downloaded fixed the problems in this thread. Thanks RWinlow for bringing to their attention and thanks undertow for tending to it quickly.
Dimitry
Active User
Active User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9