[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Precision Maps on amazon.com

Precision Maps on amazon.com

A discussion area for users of Precision Mapping Streets and Traveler v8.0, v8.1 and v9

Precision Maps on amazon.com

Postby xavier » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:06 am

I just happened to see this link on amazon.com.

Who are these guys, coolowl? Are the copies of the product they sell legit, or are they illegal?

And, is this the same product with the one we get when we order from undertow? It looks different!
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Precision Maps on amazon.com

Postby RWinlow » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Although it's hard to tell, just by looks, it does look legit. Maybe it's packaged differently, for retail, who knows.

But if you have any specific questions, why don;t just contact the amazon merchant? I'm sure they'll tell you.
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Postby xavier » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:52 pm

The interesting part is that it's cheaper by the reseller than it it directly by undertow!! How is that possible?
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Christau99 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:01 pm

xavier wrote:The interesting part is that it's cheaper by the reseller than it it directly by undertow!! How is that possible?

Why are you surprised, Xavier? This is pretty much the norm, i.e., re-sellers discount products more. For example, look at Quickbooks Pro. Intuit, the publisher has a 20% discount (they label it as an upgrade). Even with the discount, to get the product from them costs $183.95. At least one of their re-sellers (I'm sure there are more), Bell & Howell has the product at $133.99

This is pretty normal!
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
Christau99
Active User
Active User

Postby xavier » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:48 am

I guess you are right. Hadn't seen this resold anywhere else before and the price difference caught me by surprise, that's all.
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Christau99 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:49 am

Actually, I was taking another look at the cool owl sales company that sells the program on amazon.com, i went to their web site too (http://www.coolowlsales.com) and they have a number of other good products. They also have many things that are not related at all to maps and stuff, but I can just ignore that :-)

They have some really cool antique maps (no pun intended), if anyone is into that sort of thing and they offer free shipping in the US. Nice!
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
Christau99
Active User
Active User

Return to Precision Mapping v8, v8.1 and v9