[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Can I use the SDK with SCILAB ?

Can I use the SDK with SCILAB ?

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Can I use the SDK with SCILAB ?

Postby hartcarti » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:06 am

Is there a way (an easy one, preferably) to interface mappro80 with scilab?

Given the popularity explosion of scilab in scientific and student applications and its superb built-in statistical capabilities, it seems to me that someone should come up with a way to interface them and use them for useful GIS analyses, like they have done for Matlab and the Mapping toolbox.
hartcarti
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Can I use the SDK with SCILAB ?

Postby MarkY » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:02 am

I seriously doubt it, but your best bet would be to contact undertow directly.

Just out of curiosity, what short of application do you have in mind, where the Mappro tool could be accessed from scilab?
The gene pool has no lifeguard...
MarkY
Active User
Active User

Postby VictorC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:50 am

Harcarti, can scilab use active-X controls? That's where you'd need to start.
VictorC
Active User
Active User

Postby hartcarti » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:50 am

Not sure how I can find out that information. Where do I look? I checked the scilab forums, but can't find any such information.
hartcarti
Casual User
Casual User

Return to MapPro OCX