[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - How to move License file ?

How to move License file ?

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

How to move License file ?

Postby StephenE » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:07 am

Haven't registered a client license in quite a while and don't remember all the particulars. We have a client that needs to move their license to a new box. Where do I find the licensing file that I have to move, together with the program. Is it part of the OCX? Does anyone know what the file name is?

Actually, once I find out, I probably want to keep copies of those license files for all our clients in a folder on my system, so I can accommodate them in the future, when they want to move a license, etc. Does anyone see any problem with it?
StephenE
New User
New User

Re: How to move License file ?

Postby jimwelch » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:29 pm

I don't think there is such a thing as a license file. The information is stored in the Registry and you can only transfer it on-line.
jimwelch
Active User
Active User

Re: How to move License file ?

Postby Kevin_T » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 am

I don't think there is a "license file" either. I believe what you have to do is use the old registration information (that's why you need to retain a copy of it when you register) then go on their registration servers and transfer it. Take a look at the email you get when the original license was issued, it should tell you what to do. If you have problems, give them a call, they are pretty good about it.

I thought there was a document going through these steps, but I can't find it on these forums. Does anyone remember seeing it?
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Return to MapPro OCX