[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Mappro v6 supported?

Mappro v6 supported?

A forum made available for users of the MapPro OCX SDK to exchange ideas, ask each other questions, etc.

Mappro v6 supported?

Postby Charter » Wed May 08, 2013 10:08 am

We have a couple of projects that were developed with v6 of the mappro. Is that version still supported? I know we can port the projects to the newer versions, but the sdk has changed so much, it would be quite an effort. And, these projects are only needed to support some long term customers, not for any new product development. Anyway, I thought I'd ask.
STUPIDITY is NOT a HANDICAP! Park elsewhere!
Charter
New User
New User

Re: Mappro v6 supported?

Postby Luke.Leone » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:10 pm

I don't think the older SDKs are supported any longer. I wish they were. I've talked to undertow a couple of times in the past and they told me the only one supported is mappro80 (with some minimal support for mappro71). We are using mappro80 for an in-house app and it works well, but we have a few more apps using the older ocx and it's just not cost effective to port them, but if support and updated data was there for them, we'd still be using them. Oh well. They make the rules ;-)
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable - Mark Twain
Luke.Leone
New User
New User

Re: Mappro v6 supported?

Postby UShadow » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:13 pm

Just like Win95, Win98, WinXP etc. are no longer supported by MickeySoft. That's what happens, part of life.
Imagination is greater than detail - Albert Einstein
UShadow
Frequent User
Frequent User

Return to MapPro OCX