[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Cannot select text

Cannot select text

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Cannot select text

Postby Molaker » Thu May 09, 2013 3:54 pm

I asked this once before direct to tech support and never got a response...I'll try here.

I frequently like to look at campgrounds in Google Earth and/or Google maps. The easiest way to do this is to use the GPS coordinates shown in the campground info. However, I cannot copy and paste text from this area. It just does not conform to normal Windows functions. Am I missing something? Is there a way to select and copy text to my clipboard in RTN that I have not discovered :?: :?:
Molaker
Active User
Active User

Re: Cannot select text

Postby xavier » Thu May 09, 2013 5:42 pm

This has come up a couple of times and as I remember, the explanation was that Trailer Life (the owner of the program) specified that the information should not be allowed to be copied (I guess they wanted to protect their database - silly)
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Molaker » Thu May 09, 2013 5:53 pm

What a revolting situation! :o Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it make some sense.
Molaker
Active User
Active User

Postby artmart » Fri May 10, 2013 2:58 am

Xavier is right AGAIN that Trailer Life is trying to protect what is commonly referred to as "Intellectual Property" and they want to protect from others copying and pasting it elsewhere.

However, there's hope when the new RTN (or whatever Undertow plans to call it) is released. This version is being decoupled from the guidelines of Trailer Life, therefore one will be able to cut and paste data (not sure how much, but I'm looking forward to some feature of this).

Unfortunately, Undertow is a little behind on the release date for this software as they attempt to get it ready for us. When you go to Undertow's home webpage, there's some text describing the upcoming release and that it's late. (www.undertowsoftware.com)
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Wilzlow » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:12 pm

xavier wrote:This has come up a couple of times and as I remember, the explanation was that Trailer Life (the owner of the program) specified that the information should not be allowed to be copied (I guess they wanted to protect their database - silly)

I had the same problem. Glad to see that it wasn't me doing something wrong.
Wilzlow
New User
New User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)