[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - More delay for the 2013 version

More delay for the 2013 version

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Re: More delay for the 2013 version

Postby artmart » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:47 am

Just thought of another one.

7. Will the same POI files work with the new version? I'm guessing the POI files will have to be reloaded into the new version of software. (Good thing I didn't have THAT many). Besides, the new software will allegedly have a whole bunch of POIs by default and means some of these POI files might not be needed.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Chris.Kirky » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:06 pm

The line that says the navigator has been discontinued, has been there for months! It's not new. Not sure what's going to happen, but you are probably right, anything wrong with the old navigator program will not be fixed and we'll probably get a new section on this board about the new program. When I called undertow, a couple of months ago, I was told that they will not be using the goodsam parks database and they were compiling their own. It that's the case, then old trip files may or may not be compatible, since they may contain campgrounds that are NOT part of the new undertow database.

I wasn't able to find out why Trailer Life abandoned the product. Things would have been so much easier for us users if they hadn't :-(

Oh well, it's their business and they can do whatever they want.
Chris.Kirky
Casual User
Casual User

Postby kimtoll » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:38 pm

If you take a look at the trip files from previous versions (they are simple text files), each point is identified by the name of the Point (for example a campground name), but more importantly by a Lon/Lat coordinate. So, if they don't change the format, when you open an older trip file, it should get the trip directions correctly, regardless of if the Campgrounds are in their database or not. Of course, as I said, that depends on if they change the trip file format or not. Let's hope they don't.
kimtoll
Active User
Active User

Postby Chris.Kirky » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:34 am

You are right, I hadn't thought of that. So, like you said, if we are lucky and they haven't changed the file format, the old trip files should work fine, even if they contain campgrounds in the new database.

I still wish Trailer Life had not discontinued the Navigator.
Chris.Kirky
Casual User
Casual User

Re:... NO... More delay for the 2013 version

Postby Dutchie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Today 7/9/13 I'm seeing it finally !!

RV plan 'N' Go 2013 for $29.95
I do not think it is available for download, only on CD.
Too bad I am traveling and my mail takes quite a while to
catch up with me.
Now wait and see if they close this forum and start a new one?
On the Road Again.......
Dutchie
New User
New User

Postby Chris.Kirky » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:48 pm

Yes, I just saw it, as well. Glad to see it finally released. Do you really think they will shut down these forums? They wouldn't really have to.
Chris.Kirky
Casual User
Casual User

Previous

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)