[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Terrible undertow support

Terrible undertow support

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Terrible undertow support

Postby Alex2123 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:45 pm

I am so disappointed with Undertow and their attitude. I have never been treated like this from a software company in the past. If I were closer, I'd drive there and tell them off, seriously! If you wonder why, here is an email exchange I had with them. Such a rotten attitude :(

** My email to them: **

Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2014 6:20 PM
To: support@undertowsoftware.com
Subject: Provide Support

I have been running my copy of RV RoadTrip Navigator 2012 every so often, since 2012, without a problem. When I run it yesterday, I received a message for an update. I accepted the update, installed it and now I have all sorts of problems. First I lost all my saved trips, then, I can't see any of the GoodSam parks on my maps. Even worse, after I exited the program, created a new trip file and tried to get directions, I get a message that there is a catastrophic failure.

To add insult to injury, during the installation, I also received a sales pitch from UnderTow Software, which I never asked for. I was also getting constant reminders from them, each time I was running the program before, about an update. I do not want these! I have been a Good Sam member for many years and I really thought they were more ethical that selling my info to undertow so that I can be spammed on a daily basis, shame on them!

Anyway undertow, we are here now, so what are you going to do about this problem that I have? Or, are you only good at spamming people about new updates and new programs you want to sell them?

I expect an answer promptly!

Alex

Their response, really?

Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2014 6:34 PM
To: 'Alex'
Subject: RE: Provide Support

A couple of things. RTN2012 as discontinued by Trailer Life at the end of 2012 and the product is no longer supported. The messages that you were getting about the updates were not to sell you something new, as you say, but to give you a chance to download a “free” update to the RTN2012 product (which, BTW, you could very well refuse, you did not have to download it if you did not want to!). There is NO code in the update you downloaded and installed that is capable of deleting your trip files, OR hiding Good Sam parks from your maps. All that information is most probably still there, on your system, but some settings in your copy of the program are stopping you from being able to see it.

If you want to figure out what settings, you may want to post a question in the users forums, http://www.undertowsoftware.com/forums where other users may have encountered and solved similar problems and may want to share their experience with you (there is no longer support provided for RTN2012 by Undertow).

You can always re-install the software from the original CD and then not download ANY updates, if you think they are causing you problems.

We have made sure that you will not receive any messages from Undertow (for updates, or anything else), in the future.

Thank you,
Support
--
UnderTow Software Corp.
* Please, quote original message in your replies *
User Forums at: http://www.undertowsoftware.com/forums/
Alex2123
New User
New User

Re: Terrible undertow support

Postby Kevin_T » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:46 pm

How exactly were you treated? They were too nice to you, If I were Undertow, I would have *really* told you off!
Kevin_T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Terrible undertow support

Postby xavier » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:40 pm

LOL, that's telling him, Kevin. He thinks that's being told off ??
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)