[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - TLD version 2009

TLD version 2009

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

TLD version 2009

Postby rhemsher » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:32 pm

Hello,

Newbie here to the forum...

I've been using the Navigator software for several years now and rely on it heavily in our travels. Just recently, my laptop crashed and after rebuilding it, I retrieved my TLD2009 disks and found disk #1 was fractured. Needless to say, I am not able to re-load the software.

We are leaving on a 2 week trip as of Saturday [9/24] and will be "lost" without the help of Trailer Life to locate campgrounds. POI's, etc.

I called Trailer Life and undertowsoftware hoping to be able to download disk #1 ... but they do not have it available either in hard copy CD or downloadable. The current 2011 TLD would take 3-4 days at the soonest with a very costly shipping to expedite. The "normal" shipping cost/interval is quoted as up to 4 WEEKS!

I will actually be purchasing the 2012 version as soon as it becomes available. Spending $40 for the 2011 and then purchasing the 2012 doesn't sound smart!

In the mean time, I was wondering if anyone had the 2009 disk #1 and would have some means of making it downloadable to get me through this trip as well as start me off on our January through March "snowbird" trip. And THEN, I can go for the 2012 version!

Thanx,

Ray
rhemsher
New User
New User

Re: TLD version 2009

Postby xavier » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:28 pm

If I still had the disks I'd send it to you, but I tossed them a while ago :-( Based on what I've seen posted here, undertow wouldn't have any disks, they don't get involved with fullfilment, but I am surprised Trailer Life didn't have a download for it.
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:21 am

I have found it is difficult to find prior versions of TLDCN anywhere. It seems when the new one is available or coming out soon, the old ones are made unavailable pretty quick and as we approach 2012, 2009 is now 3 years old. The only place you might find a copy is from Trailer Life. But I don't think there is a way to satisfy your timeframe. You might also try a search from all those shopping type websites that carry software just in case they might just have a old copy of something lying around. Most times I'll see "not in stock", but you're still gonna have to pay for it.

My apologies for not being able to help with a better recommendation, because I know this isn't what you wanted to hear. You probably don't want to hear that you might want to find a safer place for your vendor software you might need. I'm sure this all seems kind of obvious now.

I can't believe even Xavier doesn't keep old software around. What's up with that?! :lol:

Bummer.... I hope you still have a great time on your trip.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Re: TLD version 2009 disk #1 needed

Postby rhemsher » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:41 pm

I found an installed copy on an old PC I first used w/TLD2009 ... tried copying it to the newer PC ... didn't work.

I'm wondering if I could obtain the setup.ini file for disk #1, if that would set registry entries etc. If anyone could email me that file for the TLD2009 it wouldn't hurt to try. :roll:

Thanx,

Ray
rhemsher
New User
New User

Postby mrhagen » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:02 pm

What INI file? I don't think there is an INI file. However, if you copied all the files, the only other thing would be the Win registry entries and those may be different depending on the version of Windows you are using. Was the "old" pc and the "new" pc running the same version of windows? Also, when you copied the files and you tried to run it, on the new pc, did you get some sort or error message? Copying the files should work, with a bit of tweaking.
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:49 pm

During installation of any software there are two places that are used in a computer. The first is the directory & subdirectories where the program is stored and used (which is what you copied over), the second place is the system directories where files and links are provided to the system so the program can even be used by the computer. These system directories include registry entries that the system uses in order to use the program. Since you cannot copy these over and didn't, this is why you still can't use the software.

The installation program on the CD does all this for you. There's way more than just an INI file. I'm afraid what you are trying is not going to work.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby mrhagen » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:50 am

Hmm... Yeah, sometimes things can be complicated, but I don't think the TLDCN setup is all that complicated. I know that if the user tells me the two OSes involved (the original one and the new one) I can very likely tell him how to copy the files over and take care of it. I've done it many times, without having to worry too much about the windows registry :-)
mrhagen
Senior User
Senior User

Postby artmart » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:57 pm

I kinda knew this and years ago this was easier to do. I figured there still might be some exceptions today if it was a standalone app that really didn't need system resources because I've had terrible luck copying apps over these days. I've been successful and I was able to find the few changes to make to get it working. I'm guess I'm too old and lazy to do this anymore for the most part. Of course, I still follow the User License guidelines.

Because of the network, printer, and some system routines, this is why I thought TLDCN needed more work and I would prefer deinstalling on the old system and reinstalling on the new system, but this requires having the software media to do so.

Good luck on this one, but the OP should be on the road by now and maybe not with a working system with TLDCN.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)