[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Search Feature Request

Search Feature Request

A discussion area for users of RTN2012, TLDCN2011, TLDCN2010, TLDC2009, TLDCN2008, TLDCN2007 & TLDCN2006

Search Feature Request

Postby keithhelms » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Okay, so this program has the names and, I assume, lat-longs of zillions of restaurants, gas stations, and service facilities stored in it somewhere. Why can't we have an option to search on those?

The user could type the name they're interested in in a text box, like MCDONALDS, for example. The program could then toggle off all the other little green icons and just leave the ones matching the text entered.

I would think coding a filter for the icons where it only displays those that match the text entered would be pretty simple. The program already has to search some data file and figure out which of the icons should be visible and where on the current map display. Just add a check to match the search text, if specified.
keithhelms
New User
New User

Re: Search Feature Request

Postby xavier » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:02 pm

First off requesting a feature here is a waste of time. Only users hang around here, it's not a support area for the company. Also, I don't think the places you are mentioning are in there (zillions ??) unless you are referring to points you (the user) can import. You can search those already.
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby keithhelms » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 pm

When I zoom in the map to a small enough area, bunches of little green squares appear. If I zoom in further, the squares have a letter on them - F for food, G for gas, etc. If I hover over one of them with the cursor, an information box with something like "WENDY'S [Food]" appears above the green square. That's the information I'd like to be able to search on.

Whether or not anyone who works on the software actually looks at these forums is another issue!
keithhelms
New User
New User

Postby RWinlow » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:38 pm

Keithelms, Xavier is right. If you are looking for a new feature, you may want to contact undertow directly.

He is also right that you can already search for the Exit Now points (already in the program) and for the user imported POIs.

Are you having difficulty using those search options?
RWinlow
Senior User
Senior User

Postby keithhelms » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:57 pm

Okay, now I feel stupid. I never paid any attention to the Exit Now POI tab next to the campground listing. I was trying to get to that information using the search menu.
keithhelms
New User
New User

Postby xavier » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:56 am

keithhelms wrote:Okay, now I feel stupid. I never paid any attention to the Exit Now POI tab next to the campground listing. I was trying to get to that information using the search menu.

They could have done a better job documenting these features. That has been a pet-peeve of mine for years.
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Return to Older Trailer Life Navigator Programs (TLDCN & RTN)