[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Military campgrounds

Military campgrounds

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

Military campgrounds

Postby JayWild » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:38 pm

One of the problems I had with every version of the navigator was that it only had a handful of the military campgrounds available. I hope that this new version has more of them (if not all). I should be receiving my copy tomorrow and I should be able to tell at that point. I'll post an update, when I do.
JayWild
Casual User
Casual User

Re: Military campgrounds

Postby artmart » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 pm

I am hoping better for you and hope you wish the best for me. In other topics I've mentioned before, there are over 60 Thousands Trails RV Parks and I belong to Thousand Trails and the prior versions did not have all of them in there. I believe the limitations for this was Trailer Life. The new version should be a superset and therefore I'm hoping the campground & RV resorts are more extensive. Now that 1000 Trails has been bought by Encore Resorts, I hope their campgrounds are in their too.

You tell me about your military campgrounds and I'll tell you about 1000 Trails and Encore. I think if they aren't still there, it will be much easier to get them in with UnderTow Software managing all aspects of the new RVPNG 2013.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby paulct » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:30 am

And you guys tell me about both of them :-) I'd be interesting to know what's in there.
Paul C.T.
paulct
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby artmart » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Got the new product.... There are lots of extra campgrounds in there than prior, but I'm guessing it's about where UnderTow acquired the database(s). I have a feeling that old information not there is because Trailer Life not being a part of this anymore wouldn't contract UnderTow to use their information. Other new information is lacking in that many details are missing.

I checked on the 1000 Trailer membership campgrounds (at least in California) and they are still not there. This tells be that none of the databases that UnderTow is using included them. Same with Military campgrounds like the OP requested I would imagine. This is only disappointing in that since Trailer Life is no longer as cooperative because I suspect the business relationship is no longer there, that it might take UnderTow a while to get the campground information we're really looking for.

I use this product from UnderTow for trip/distance/time planning and while the previous offerings provded some information about campgrounds, I didn't expect much in that area since I was looking for planning to other places and not just RV Parks or campgrounds.
Art Martinez
Murrieta, CA
artmart
Executive User
Executive User

Postby Molaker » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:42 am

In case you are unaware, there is this website - http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/index.php for military camp grounds. If one you select is not in RVPNG2013, you can create a user CG to add it.
Molaker
Active User
Active User

Postby Skataila » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Molaker wrote:In case you are unaware, there is this website - http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/index.php for military camp grounds. If one you select is not in RVPNG2013, you can create a user CG to add it.

Yeah, but it's much better to have all the information in one place, like in the program's database!
"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Skataila
Active User
Active User

Postby Molaker » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Skataila wrote:
Molaker wrote:In case you are unaware, there is this website - http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/index.php for military camp grounds. If one you select is not in RVPNG2013, you can create a user CG to add it.

Yeah, but it's much better to have all the information in one place, like in the program's database!

Of course, it is. But, it's already established that is not the case in the RVPNG2013 database. I was just offering another option if it were unknown to the OP.
Molaker
Active User
Active User

Postby JonCamp » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Molaker wrote:Of course, it is. But, it's already established that is not the case in the RVPNG2013 database.

Wait a minute, I went through and counted over 130, or so, military camps in the program. You mean there are more that aren't in there? Is that were the military budget is spent? :-) Or, are we talking about different things?
JonCamp
Active User
Active User

Postby Molaker » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:33 pm

JonCamp wrote:
Molaker wrote:Of course, it is. But, it's already established that is not the case in the RVPNG2013 database.

Wait a minute, I went through and counted over 130, or so, military camps in the program. You mean there are more that aren't in there? Is that were the military budget is spent? :-) Or, are we talking about different things?

In fact, there are about 250 FamCamps and if you are concerned about the military budget, voice your concern to the active and retired GI's who have worked long and hard hours at less than civvy pay and many who have sacrificed life and limb and family time. Those are the main users of these campgrounds. Then go camp at your favorite National Park and enjoy yourself. Just sayin'.
Molaker
Active User
Active User

Postby JonCamp » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Wow, I didn't meat ti hit a nerve, honestly. Didn't you see the smile :) ? I certainly did not mean to imply that GIs haven't worked hard, for low wages and that we don't owe them a lot more than the chance to stay at a military camp. I apologize if that's the impression I gave. I'll go back to lurking so I don't step on any more toes.
JonCamp
Active User
Active User

Postby xavier » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:29 am

Reminds me of the old days, when heated conversations were the norm around here :lol: We all owe a lot to those GIs that are using the military camps. Like you, JonCamp, I just didn't know that there that many. Undertow should get going and include all of them!
RV-ing - The gateway to happiness...
xavier
Senior User
Senior User

Postby Molaker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 am

Sorry for the slap and apology accepted. It seems when most any discussion anywhere/anytime on military spending comes up, the answer always hits the GI the shorts before the real costs are addressed. But, I'll have to admit, being retired military and also having several family members serving, I am a bit prejudiced. :) FWIW - most FamCamps are pretty much self supporting with the possible exception of the land it sits on, which was most likely gov'mint land already.
Molaker
Active User
Active User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013