[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
www.undertowsoftware.com • View topic - Campgrounds not connected to the road network

Campgrounds not connected to the road network

Discussion and information about RV Plan 'N' Go 2013, the RV Trip Planning program from UnderTow

Campgrounds not connected to the road network

Postby Phil.Gusta » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:25 pm

I installed the program on my wife's computer and every time I try to add a campground to a trip I get an error message of the campground not being connected to the road network, or something.

Hers is an older Dell Inspiron with 2 gb ram, 200 gb hard disk and running win-xp-sp3.

It runs fine on *my* computer which is newer and running windows 7.
Phil.Gusta
Active User
Active User

Re: Campgrounds not connected to the road network

Postby TMayers » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:43 pm

I had some similar problems with the program and I was able to solve them by resetting the paths in the configuration dialog. You may want to try that.
TMayers
Casual User
Casual User

Postby g.holander » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:49 pm

Is it possible that the specific parks are off the main road(s) and are connected to them with a long driveway? I think sometimes this can be a problem, because the driveways are not considered part of the roads.
Remember - If you drink enough, your brain starts photoshopping people
g.holander
New User
New User

Postby Phil.Gusta » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:56 am

TMayers wrote:I had some similar problems with the program and I was able to solve them by resetting the paths in the configuration dialog. You may want to try that.

I tried that, but there was no change. Still the same error. Drives me crazy, because on my system it works just fine!
Phil.Gusta
Active User
Active User

Postby Phil.Gusta » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:57 am

g.holander wrote:Is it possible that the specific parks are off the main road(s) and are connected to them with a long driveway? I think sometimes this can be a problem, because the driveways are not considered part of the roads.

It happens with ALL parks. That leads me to believe that there is something else going on here.
Phil.Gusta
Active User
Active User

Postby GoodwinR » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:07 am

It could be some settings in your specific setup. Did you try resetting the Configuration, instead of just the datapaths, from the settings dialog?

Windows XP shouldn't really be the problem. If anything, in many ways it's better behaved than the newer OS versions.

Try resetting the whole configuration.
GoodwinR
New User
New User

Postby Phil.Gusta » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:28 am

GoodwinR, I tried that and there was no change. I understand what you say about Windows XP, but it appears to be the only variable between my wife's system and mine.

Should I uninstall and re-install the software? Do you think that might make a difference?
Phil.Gusta
Active User
Active User

Postby Camper22 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:01 am

Phil, you can definitely try uninstall/re-install, but that may or may not solve the problem. Hard to tell, since you don't know what the problem is.

Before going the re-install process, try this. (a) in your documents folder there is a folder rvpng2013. That's where all the program settings and some of the files are stored. (b) Delete that folder (first make sure you haven't saved an trip files, or any other files in there, in which case move them somewhere else, first) (c) Run the program (it will create a new rvpng2013 folder, do not touch that).

If it was a settings issue, this should clear it up. If not, you may want to contact undertow's support directly and ask for help.
Camper22
Frequent User
Frequent User

Postby Phil.Gusta » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:17 pm

Thank you, Camper22 !!!!

Deleting the rvpng2013 folder from my documents and then starting the program, I can now add parks without getting the error message.

After the fact, I realized that there was a folder in there with all my trips, which were also deleted, but I can recreate those.

What I should have done, instead, is rename the folder to rvpng2013A, or something, which would have probably prompted the same behavior.

Anyway, thank you very much!
Phil.Gusta
Active User
Active User

Return to RV Plan 'N' Go 2013